slides and more

tom p

tomp
I have a 2009 3670rl. The kitchen slide will tilt in when you open the ref.(it will come in at the top about 2".) The rear slide has wire bundle hanging down about a FT. also with it extended you get a loud squeak but it seems to go away when you retract the slide. I picked up my new 3670rl in Feb and used it for the first time in april. My dealer (jim May) is now out of business. I sure need help please. ps shower leaks ,counter top is dull. I fixed many other things on my own but the above are out of range for me. Thamks Tom Padovano(5sfbg36229e201300)

wdk450

Call heartland Customer Service

Tom:
I also picked up a 3670RL in February(2008 model), and have had a few service issues. Heartland Service has been pretty good, and I have had warranty service performed by both a Heartland Dealer and a 3rd party. You may occasionally have a problem in getting voicemail and messages not returned, but keep on them. The warranty is part of your purchase price.
Heartland has a list of preferred (good experiences) 3rd party service providers.
You find the Heartland service contacts by clicking on the "Portal" link on the main bar above.
Good luck!!!

Bobby A

Doesn't sound good to me Tom, sounds like someone was trying to make a temp fix with the wire. I would definetly have a qualified slideout guy check it out.

jbeletti

Tom,

You need to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032.

For talking points:

The wires hanging down is the Lippert Flex Guard. Your flex guard is not broken. It is either not pivoting on the rod like it should or is too long.

Your kitchen slide requires adjustment as you can manually pull it in from inside the coach, about 2 inches.

Your floor squeak in front of your entertainment slide - my hope is another slide room adjustment.

For all 3 - any competent dealer of service center can take care of these for you. With Jim May gone, Heartland Customer Service will advise you where the nearest shop is.

Please make the call Monday morning. Have your VIN ready.

Great meeting you and Nancy this weekend at the Ohio rally. Hope to see you in Goshen if you can get the time off.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Again, I will reiterate, call Heartland Customer Service. Sometimes the squeak in the slide is nothing more than lubrication of the slide. The issues you have can be repaired. Never fear. Also be advised that Heartland Customer Service can authorize a non-Heartland dealer to do warranty repairs on your Heartland product. If you know of one discuss that with Customer Service also.