Plexi on the screen and other mods

skyguy

There are times when we appreciate the additional light when the main door is open, but it may be too cool outside to do so. Took a close look at the screen door, and noted it has slots running the perimeter of the screens that were just begging for a nice piece of plexiglass!

It was easy enough to pick up some 1/16" plexiglass, and cut it to fit. I also cut a 1" X 1" notch in each bottom corner of the upper piece - this allows me to slide one side into the appropriate groove in the screen door, then flex the plexiglass just enough to fit the opposite side groove. Once this is done, I can slide the plexi up into the upper groove, and it rests on the lip on the top of the solid panel in the middle of the screen.

You'll be amazed just how much warmer / cooler the coach will stay, and still keep the main door open!

We really appreciate having the "real door" leading into the bedroom in our 2010 3670RL. However, I can't / don't always get the coach perfectly level when we camp, and we needed a door stop. DW picked out a pair of colorful child's socks, tucked the top half into the bottom half of the sock, added some weight (beans, marbles, shot, you name it) and tied off the open end with some colorful yarn. Result: A colorful beanbag like doorstop that has received rave reviews!

The amount of storage space in the basement is just incredible!! But if you are like me, no matter what you need out of the basement, it's usually on the bottom of everything else! And with the larger size of this basement compared to our old SOB, I wasn't looking forward to more stuff on top, if you know what I mean. A couple eyebolts in the front wall, mounted up near the top, at arms length from each side door, now allows me to slide chairs, recliners, step ladder, and folding table in on their side, the folding table is always last, furthest away from the wall. A bungie from each eyebolt attaches to the legs of the folding table, and so far, has managed to keep the whole mess upright, so it's pretty easy to get out the appropriate chair / table / etc. And still lots of room for more stuff!

Our 2010 3670RL came without a 12 volt outlet.:mad: It was a simple mod to add one just underneath the forward kitchen counter, above the 12 volt fuse box. Drill a hole, add a fuse to the next spare in the fuse box, run a hot and ground from the fuse box to the new outlet, and finish it off. I always disconnect AC or DC power as needed before working on the electrical!

It's fun turning this beautiful mobile coach into a real home away from home!!

(Sorry I cannot provide photos - my camera was stolen a couple weeks ago, and I will wait for the new Pentax K7 to start shipping in July)