Edge M22

DLandry

We were all set to buy the M21 when we saw the specs for the M22 on the Heartland website. Our dealer didn't have one but we have now placed one order from them.

The website didn't show location of the TV hookup. I presume it's near the door so it can be viewed from the dinette/couch or from the bed. Can somebody at the factory provide that information?

Also, there are no dimensions for the dinette/couch. Can someone there provide that info too?

Our M22 will take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive and we are really excitted. This will be our first RV. When I saw my first Edge on our dealers lot (Macdonalds RV Center) I knew it was the one for me. We looked at lots and lots of trailers but this one has everything we want and nothing we don't want. None

Thanks for any help you can provide. - Don

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Don, I moved your thread into the Edge, Ask the Factory section as they would know the answers to your questions for sure. I'm betting the TV cable/coax connections is right where you expected, right between the door and the kitchen sink. I'd gues the dinette bed dimension to be 48X80. Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum. Enjoy your new Edge.

M

Mcreech

You are correct, the TV is right next to the entry door and the U-shape dinette is 94x40

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the quick response, I've moved this thread out of the Ask the Factory and into Edge Prosective owner questions.

DLandry

Ray, thank you for moving this for me. As a newcomer I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, - Don

DLandry

You are correct, the TV is right next to the entry door and the U-shape dinette is 94x40

Thank you very much for the information.

If you have time I do have one more question. Does the TV hookup include a mounting bracket for the TV? If not how can I find a strong point on the wall to hang one? Thank you again for your help!

- Don

Jonathan

How do you like the Edge 22? Does that little shower work okay? What do you tow it with ? What did you pay for it? Where did you buy it? I looked at one in Boerne, Texas yesterday, and they are quoting it for $*****. It's a 2010 and I think that's the first year for the Edge 22 isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonathan

TV mount

Don,
Where did you end up mounting your TV? Is there a bracket there on the top of the cabinet or did you have to install your own modification?

Hi - We pick up our M21 this weekend - am wondering what everyone else has done to mount your TV? The M21 has a neat little TV cabinet and hookup by the sofa, but no wall mount....Any ideas? Also am wondering if anybody travels with kayaks on the top of the Edge trailers...????

TexasRVer

I also have a M22 and we really love it and would like to know if there is blocking for the TV. Is it ok to screw a TV mount to the wall?

Cary

We recently got our M21. My plan is to bolt the base of a Sony to the counter for the main support and then fabricate a couple ties to the wall which isn't that substantial. Plan A is to use molly bolts or expansion pop rivets. Plan B is to go all the way trough the wall and use fender washers.

I've asked a few folks at the dealer about a kayak or some such thing on the roof and they strongly disapproved. The more I get used to the camper the more I realize that it really is light and that means that it is not really strong, so I would not stress it. Just my two cents worth.

Cary

RonBB

Not sure if this will help or not but on my M-18 I felt that the shelf the TV was supposed to sit on was a bit thin for travel. I wasn't sure where the wall supports were for a wall mount. I ended up screwing the 22" TV base (drilled two holes in the TV base) to a piece of 3/8" of plywood the size of the shelf. I used the industrial type velco to fasten it down to the shelf. For insurance I put a couple of bunge cords in front of the screen into eye bolts behind the facia for travel. So far all has worked well. I also put a couple of cabinet pulls in the plywood to aid with removing it if needed at some point. Best of luck. Ron

Larsz

I haven't seen it done for an Edge, but I have seen people mount heavy "L" shape brackets to a flat, horizontal surface (shelf, table) and then mount a regular tilt/swivel/telescoping tv mount to the brackets. This keeps the load or stress away from the wall.

The M22 we are in the process of getting includes the TV on a very nice tilt/swivel/telescoping wall mount that locks very nicely against the wall. Anyone know if the factory would sell that mount and instructions/templates for mounting? Maybe there is extra blocking in the wall to support it?