water shut off for icemaker

meandg

crawgator
We just bought a 3400RL and the ice maker is still in the water shut off position and I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where theirs is. The dealer does not know and doesn't have any on the lot to look at. We repaired the melted hose in the outside cabinet but they thought the shut off for winterizing was behind the water connections but we couldn't find it. Any ideas are appreciated.

wdk450

Icemaker Water Shutoff

I have heard of this being in 3 (or 4?) places:
1. In the refrigerator outer compartment
2. Behind the utilities service panel (water, cable, phone, hookups)
3. Behind the storage drawer under the refrig.
4?. Under the sink.

If all else fails start tracing the supply hose back towards the water source.

Good Luck!

rjr6150

If its like out 09 will be behind the drawer under the refer and also hidden back of the trim piece at the back.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I don't know if they moved the location but by the sound of the reply fromRandy, they did. Our shut off is behind the panel in the basement that accesses the plumbing behind the docking center. Look for the 1/4" nylon tube and the small valve. If it's not below the reefer it should be behind the docking center. Before turning on the water, make sure the connection at the back of the fridge is tight. Also make sure the nylon tube is routed and tied away from the cooling unit. the heat can cause the tube to develop small pin holes and leak.