More About Goodyear Tires

Two Hands

I have Goodyear Wrangler RT/S LT245/75R16 (Load Rated E) tires on my 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel. The tires are one year old and have 23,000 miles on them. When I left home to go to Sacramento, CA, I noticed a vibration and visited a Chevy dealer in Sacramento to get the wheel balance checked. They said that the sidewalls on all four tires were soft and failing and the tires needed replaced. They pointed out a narrow groove running around the sidewall of each tire. I went to a nearby Goodyear dealer and was told they had never seen anything like this and the tires looked defective. I was told to return tomorrow when the manager was available to see what could be done. I have taken meticulous care or these tires by keeping them properly inflated and rotated. I wonder what the manager will have to say tomorrow.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The good thing is it appears they may do something about it. I hope all works out in your favor. Keep us posted.

Niles

I had a set on my 2001 Dodge, when one separated it did 2K worth of damage, the tires were not new and had 30000 miles on them. I had two sets of tires and rims that I swapped out in winter and summer. Anyway Goodyear paid for everything, fixed the Dodge even gave me money to replace the tire. Goodyear has my business. If your dealer is a good one and the tires have a problem, I have no doubt they will take care of you.

Two Hands

I now have four new Goodyear Wrangler Pro Grade tires on my Silverado. The Goodyear manager seemed very honest and said she had never seen anything like this in 34 years in the business. She gave me what I thought was a fair credit, about 75%, on the defective tires. I am satisfied and ready to hit the road again.

CrazyScotsman

What is the weight rating on the GY Wranglers ?
I had them years ago on a conversion van, and got 70,000 miles out of them.
I was looking at some the other day, and couldn't find the weight rating. If they can handle the weight of my truck and BH, I may go with them.