New Member, Looking for Information

MajorG2

Greetings.

My wife and I are in the process of replacing our older trailer that has just been totaled due to a bad storm. We are looking at the North Trail 21FBS and 26RKS. We haven't seen any in person, but the sales materials have us interested. We will be going out this weekend to look at the 26RKS. We were thinking about RV Wholesalers in Ohio if the local (50 miles away) isn't offering any decent deals. We are in northern Alabama. Any comment on the two trailers or RVW? Thanks for any assistance.

jimtoo

Hi Tim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. Lots of great people here with lots of information.

I did move your post to the North Trail area and started a new thread for you. You should get some answers here.

Jim M

Hart

We are owners of the 26 and also considered the 21. The 21 is the most popular of the NT models. I think it is ample for 2 people. Most of the living space is in a U shaped dinette. We camp with 2 dogs and could not resist the generous storage & space in the 26. There is nothing that we do not like about it!! The 21 has a very ample sink counter surface; the 26 is not too roomy around the sink but has an additional bar/cabinet just behind working kitchen area. This is perfect for a coffee maker. My husband & I each have a hanging clothes closet (BDR), 1 full section of clothing shelves + a hanging closet we use for jackets and towels (at bottom in baskets). That does not include all the cabinets over the sofa. The only thing you might think is odd....the slide does not go out far enough to make the fridge flush on the wall. No big deal.....used to it now. I am sure the dealers will have slide out for your touring. It kind of makes a corner nook at left of the fridge & we put our trash can there.
I hear the 2010 has sink covers; our 09 does not but I don't miss them. Also the diamond plate front is good. Some previous models don't have it.
Highly recommend an upgrade mattress. The standard is basic; we have a custom innerspring we put in from our previous TT.
In the 21, liked window in bath; did not like very small opening of window @dinette booth. Really like the tall window over the 26 kitchen sink!
Let us know what you think & ask any questions. Also see www.northtrailers.com site. Good luck & welcome!!

North Trails are now being sold at Camping Worlds....check online for location closest to you

Last edited:

MajorG2

Thanks Jim for moving the post. After I hit enter, I felt that I put it in the wrong place.

Thanks Hart for your response. We had 1994 25 foot TT we brought from the west coast three years ago and then lost it to a tornado. Our other was not a lite model and was not fun to tow. We had upgraded our TV to a 2008 Dodge RAM 1500 with the hemi and this made it easier than the old 1994 Chevy K2500 pickup. How is the 26 to tow? Do you use an equalizer hitch and/or sway control bar?

Thanks,
Tim

Hart

How is the 26 to tow? Do you use an equalizer hitch and/or sway control bar?

Thanks,
Tim

The 26 tows well! We have Reese WD bars and sway bar + Prodigy brake controller. TV is 08 Tundra double cab 5.7L The wide Trax suspension is good. Our previous combo was a 23' Trail Lite towed by Tundra with 5.3L engine. Our gas mileage averages 10-11 mpg which seems to be decent.

Wanted the equalizer hitch but somehow that did not happen with the deal.....Reese bars work well & no sway/smooth towing

charlie51

I live in Huntsville, AL and drove to VA to get our Sundance 31QBS. We got it about $3000 less than what RV Wholesalers was wanting. There is a Heartland dealer in Decatur (Kountry Mile Campers). I don't know what they have on hand, but might shop around for best deal and then see if they can beat it. We were impatient and didn't want to wait for them to try and order one. We also didn't think anyone could beat the deal we got from RV Outlet USA because I talked with several places. Camping World said they couldn't come close to the price because it was below their wholesale.

MajorG2

Thanks Hart for your response. I have finally gotten a look at the 21FBS and we liked it quite a bit. Looks like a lot of good space in a small package. We need to look at the 26RKS. We looked at the 21FBS at the Camping World in Chattanooga and the salesman drove us out to the trailer (far end of the property), dropped us off, and left. When we hiked back to the office, he said that CW is not going to be Heartland dealers anymore due to the banks. When we asked about the price and tried to see if they could come close to RVW's price, they said that CW was not the dealer for us. The salesman definitely wasn't the salesman for us.

Hello Charlie, we live near Huntsville in Limestone County and we looked at the Kountry Mile Campers place. They have relocated to south of Cullman off exit 304. We looked at a 28RLS and it impressed us. They said that they have a 26RKS, but it was having a factory recall (?) service being done. We are hoping to see it soon. I think it may be the right size for us. I hope that they are able to give us a deal on it if we like it.

Thanks.

CrazyScotsman

Say , " Hi " to my youngest daughter who works in Huntsville.
I don't think you can go wrong with Heartland products.

bgscott

another NA dealer is north alabama rv in rainsville. I bought my sundance there after getting several quotes from the wholesalers. I carried the quotes to the owner (Leon) and he came within 500 dollars of my best price. that was close enough considering the price of gas when I purchased last summer and the value of having your dealer close by. I have had my heartland in the shop 3 times and these guys go out of their way to please. good luck and you will love heartland!