Logo Change

jbeletti

Hi Tom,

Good question - thanks for asking.

Using the Heartland logo (with permission) was the quick way to have some sort of logo on the forum in the beginning. But from day one, Jeff and I ultimately wanted our own logo that was unique to the forum.

Neither of us were graphic artists however. So the easy route prevailed.

Recently, I asked a buddy to do some work for me on a logo as a trade-out for some other work that he needs me for at his new home. So what you see today is the first pass at my own logo.

Since I got it from him last night (6-May), I thought I'd put in online, use it for a bit of time to see if it grows on me. From there I'll work with him to tweak it more in terms of shape, size, colors etc.

Jim

jbeletti

Thanks Frank.

I am working on the background. Way to bright blue. Actually, it was more of a muted purple when it was in TIFF format (25 MB file) but when I converted it to JPG and reduced the colors, I lost quite a bit of the original coloring of the logo.

Working with my guy on it to get my reduced size converted image to be true to the original Corel Draw version.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Very nice

Jim,
Logo looks great even if the colors are a bit off. By the way, wanted to thank you for all of your hard work supporting this forum. It has definitely helped me with some issues and also was a great avenue to hear about the Rally. It's also great that the folks at Heartland monitor the forum and give feedback to those of us who need it.

Thanks again,

Mark

jbeletti

Thanks for all the kind words Mark. The forum has been fun to do and it's great that people are getting a lot out of it.

While they may exist, I am not aware of any other RV manufacturer that sticks their neck out there in such a public way as Heartland has been willing to do. They get smacked about quite a bit from what I see too but that's part of the risk. At the end of the day, it is what it is - the good and the bad. Without the balance - it would not be of much interest.

Jim

Trap

It's alot of fun to see some of the excitemnent get going when something happens and then see Scott or Coley come on and calm everything down.