Heat and AC not balanced

GaryA

I just got back from the dealer with my 2009 31QBS. We bought it in Oct 2008 and have used it twice. Once in the fall with the heat and once in April during a hot weekend in the 90s.

The Heat is OK. But it is not balanced very well. The rear bunk room does not have any heat vents and we either had to leave the door open or use a small electric heater for our infant son. And the vent in the front bedroom has very little warm air trickling out. The duct is half the size of the duct going to the bathroom and the bathroom gets a little too warm since it is such a small room. I am thinking about getting a vent with a damper for the bathroom to hopefully force more air to the bedroom. But the duct is so small, I'm not sure how much it will help.

Also the AC in the front bedroom is not very cool since there is only one vent in the ceiling. There are two in the rear bunk room, 4 over the dinette/kitchen area and one in the hall next to the bathroom door. The rest of the RV is very comfortable. I am thinking about installing vents with dampers on the 2 in the bunk room and the rear 2 vents over the dinette.

Shouldn't this have been done at the factory to balance both heat and AC systems? The dealer told me there's nothing they can do since it's not "broken" it's just the way it's designed.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Depending upon your unit and your personal tastes (Hot or cold-natured) some owners have done as you suggest by using after-market ducts (That open and close) on the ends to work the system better for their preference.

The heat-size ducts are easy to find. I have yet to find the ones for the AC on the ceilings.

To remedy the AC duct issue for us I used white duct tape on two of the six (Kitchen/dining, couch and rear living space) in mine then placed the covers back on.... You would never know they are taped!

We are hot-blooded so rarely use our heat. A small ceramic oscillating heater keeps us cozy all winter but we need lots of air conditioning in the warmer times of year to keep us comfy! (And a few fans!!!)