Memo I recieved via e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
That may brighten the day for many but not for those of us who work for the governement and work hard at our jobs day in and day out to try and make a living. :mad:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
That may brighten the day for many but not for those of us who work for the governement and work hard at our jobs day in and day out to try and make a living. :mad:

IT WAS A FUNNY AND THERE WAS NO HARM MEANT I AM SURE! If you work for the government and have never heard a joke then I will apologize for ALL OF US! I AM WITH THE GOVERNMENT, I AM HERE TO HELP......LOL

irvin56

I deleted it

I did not mean it to point finger at any one
I worked for 2 different unions and both companies were for the goverment. This was only a joke and I'm sorry if it was taken wrong

I know 95% of all government jobs are stress full and some with a lot of time line pressures.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
MY APOLOGIES TO IRVIN56.

If this is offensive then so be it but I am tired of the country I almost died (Many times!) for is so ****ed intolerant.

If you do not like something or it is offensive to you then YOU have choices: Turn it off, don't read it, move on or let it go!

Have we forgotten how to laugh at even ourselves in this nation? No wonder we are so intolerant of others when we cannot laugh at ourselves.

I'll be ****ed if something such as this little joke makes someone "upset" that we need to create a law against it, ban it altogether, or as bad make that person feel bad for stating it.

"It was terribly dangerous to let your thoughts wander when you were in any public place or within range of a telescreen. The smallest thing could give you away. A nervous tic, an unconscious look of anxiety, a habit of muttering to yourself--anything that carried with it the suggestion of abnormality, of having something to hide. In any case, to wear an improper expression on your face...; was itself a punishable offense. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: facecrime..."
- George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 5

Be tolerant of others and let them be tolerant of YOU!

I am off my soapbox.

truknutt

Committed Member
Hey wait a minute...Irvin's Canadian so this must be regarding CANADIAN Government employees!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.