Help Me Please

rgirouard

I will be picking up my new BH3610RE on the 9th and after reading some of the info in these forums, I am a bit concerned. I am Trading in a NUWA 1998 Snowbird SE-102 Model 36+2RLTGBW which I have had for 11 years with vitually no problems at all.
I hope my good fortune will be the same with my new BH.
Anyway, If you have the time could you please alert me as to what specically I should check and also what I should do during my walk-thru.
Any info would be surely appreciated.
Thanks so much;)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
rgirouard, do a search for "PDI". Your questions will be answered.
Peace
Dave

I would recommend that you check the plumbing connections inside your unit. By reading through the forum, I learned that this was the biggest issue. The connections are hand tightened and some may work loose after transit. It took about 15 mins for me too go through and tighten the connections under the sinks.

I think most folks will tell you to take your time upon delivery and make sure everything is working properly. That being said, I can't say enough about Heartland's Customer Service.

Enjoy your new unit.

Uncle Rog

Here is one of the best from one of the best, JP Morgan hisself.................

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=5322&highlight=pdi

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
First off, good choice on a heartland product.

Check it out thoroughly, and have fun.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
rgirouard, In it's day, the SE-102 Snowbird was a great rig. In fact, we looked at that exact same rig being sold by a private owner here in Wisconsin. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. You will likely find a few issues with any brand of new unit you buy but once the bugs are gone, you will be a happy camper. Heartland is a stand up company. By the way. Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I will be picking up my new BH3610RE on the 9th and after reading some of the info in these forums, I am a bit concerned. I am Trading in a NUWA 1998 Snowbird SE-102 Model 36+2RLTGBW which I have had for 11 years with vitually no problems at all.
I hope my good fortune will be the same with my new BH.
Anyway, If you have the time could you please alert me as to what specically I should check and also what I should do during my walk-thru.
Any info would be surely appreciated.
Thanks so much;)
If you are not handy with tools you may want call ahead and ask them to apply water pressure to the system before the PDI. (standard water test is 1.5 times working pressure for 24 hours) 90 psig will find the leaks quickly and not harm the system. My guess is over 50% of people have no problems at all and 75% of the problems can be fixed by the new owner with simple hand tools in a few minutes. We had one small leak at the shower nozzel and it was no big deal. I'm betting you will love the unit!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This file is jpmorgan's transferred into a Word file. It's quite extensive. At the PDI, operate/touch/turn on everything. If your dealer is worth a lick, your rig should be connected to water/electric/and maybe even a sewer (or at least a floor drain nearby). Flow all faucets, run the shower against the sides and base of the stall to check for leaks. Run water into the toilet and then open the black tank drain. If running to a floor drain, watch for debris. Run your hands under the sinks on the plumbing to check for leaks.

Crawl into the basement and have the tech remove the wall so you can check behind it.

Also recommend that after you take possession that you go camping for a few days at a campground near the dealership. Again, run and check everything. Any problems, you don't have to go far to get it taken care.

Will your rig be 100% problem free right from the get-go. Probably not.