Open slide leaking when parked on unlevel ground

Northern Virginia
Last weekend we were camping and were assigned a very unlevel site. I was able to level our Landmark from front to back but could not get level from side to side. The coach felt okay to walk around in but was still a few inches out.

That night it poured. I'd guess 1-2 inches in an hour. In the morning, the carpet was wet around sides of the bedroom slide.

Is this normal for it to leak when slightly unlevel?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it came down at a rate of 1 - 2 inches per hour and your bedroom slide was on the high side without a slide topper, it probably is. The slide top/wall joint is now a gutter. I've noticed on my 3670 that some of the side gaskets on the slides don't completed unfold when the slides are put out, particularly near the top. I use an old awning rod to go around and pull them out so they are seated properly.

tmcran

No they should not leak. My front slide leaked in the lower area between the bed and lav. The dam was redone by my dealer. It helped but still leaked even when level. Heartland approved a new bottom seal and sweep. The dealer cut the weep holes lower and this helped about 98 % the seal on the side leaking is not in as close contact with the side that is leaking as the other which is not. I cut a piece of seal/ sweep and glued it in to cover the hole left where the seal does not cover. I think this may have solved my problem. Good luck and keeping looking for the leak.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Leaks are bad. Most Landmarks have slide toppers. Without them rain can easily find the smallest cracks to get into. One thing you need to be sure of, especially on the bedroom slide is the rubber seals are pointed out like they should be. If even just a piece of it is not it could lead to a leak. This situation is made even worse if you are not level and the bedroom slide is high. At the bottom of the slide there are "dams on either side which keep the water from coming down the sides of the slide and running under the edges. If those 'dams' are working properly you could get a leak. I had to have mine redone as they were too short. A dealer could check it out. For additional questions contact customer service.