Queen Bed in 3055RL

Trap

Coley can you please either post some pictures or email them to me of the Queen Bed layout in the 3055RL. As having nitesstands of some sort is very important to us. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Trap.:confused:

Trap

I would think that the factory should be able to give some sort of response to this. After trying for a couple of weeks with no response or acknowledgement. It's getting pretty frustrating.

Trap

Scott

3055 Bedslide

Trap,
Sorry, I guess Coley is on an extended road trip with a Bighorn seeing dealers. That is probably why he hasn't been able to get you any photos of the 3055. That, and the fact that we produce the units in "runs" by model and we have been running other floorplans, not the 3055.
I talked with the engineers and no, the 3055 does not have any nightstands in it. That being said, it really does not take much to add a small wooden nightstand next to a bed. I know a number of owners who have done that on their own.
Hopefully, something that can be added so easily would not prevent you from purchasing a Bighorn.

Trap

So is the queen bed centered in the slide or off to one side. As adding a cabinet or 2 is something we could handle, I quess we just need to know what our options would be. As this is the only problem we have with these units. As we bypassed the 3055RL when we saw one with the queen bed slide at the RV show this winter. Cause of the Queen Slide, now with the king slide and queen bed option your back in the game. As some sort of nite stand is important even if we have to add our own.

Thanks Trap

ChopperBill

I was told by two different dealers there was small "shelf" on the sides of the queen bed option. $150 option for a smaller bed and nothing else kind of confuses me.:confused:

Scott

Queen Beds and Such - Final Word

Alright, I KNOW now exactly where we are at in regards to Bighorn bed slides and nightstands:
When we first started building the 3055 - the only option was a queen bed. That is no longer the case. Now, with the standardization of the slide-outs in all Bighorn bedrooms, each BH features a king bed. You can Option in the Queen Bed if you choose. If you do go with the Queen Bed Option - you GET a nightstand that is both a cabinet and countertop.

There it is.

Sorry I didn't know that one right away.

ST

ChopperBill

All right Scott! You be the man! Didn't know how I was going to break the no night stand to my wife. You are and life saver and maybe a marriage saver!

Trap

Thanks for the effort Scott. Are there any pictures anywhere around of the Queen Bed Arrangement. Or is it similar to the 3400RL. I saw a early 06 model. But the dealer said it's all different now.

Thanks Trap

Deb

Deb
Scott

I was under the impression that there were "two" bed side tables. One on each side of the bed.

But here is your quote "If you do go with the Queen Bed Option - you GET a nightstand that is both a cabinet and countertop."

That sounds like there is only one bedside table or shelf.

So do we get one or two bedside tables?

Thanks -- You and everyone at Heartland are doing a super job for us.

Deb

PS: Our 3055 comes off line on Thurs. 5/11

jimtoo

My06 3055RL has a queen bed and no night stands. Am I going to get a night stand and counter top now?

tcbrady

Jim - our original 3055RL floorplan only had room for a queen bed without any night stand. The night stand that we now put in the 3055RL would not fit in your coach since we have a new bedroom slideout configuration.

If you order a 3055RL with a queen bed (all units since Jan 1, 2006) you will get 1 night stand that is both a cabinet and counter top - not 2. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough room for us to put 2 nightstands in the bedroom.

hope this helps with your questions.

thanks!

jimtoo

Ahhh shucks!!!! I was wondering where I was going to put it. Thought it was gonna be kinda skinney to fit beside the bed. Oh well..:D

Scott

One N/S

That would be one nightstand.

For the gentleman that did not get a nightstand with your queen bed: take measurements to make sure you do not have the king bed (70" wide) and then talk with your dealer about ordering a nightstand with top for your unit.

ST

Scott

Oh wait - you may have one of the original 3055 models that I talked about where they only offered the queen bed size and I'm not sure if there was room left in it for a nightstand. You will need to check and see if your bed (whatever size it is) goes basically from wall to wall. IF it does, then the only thing you could do would be to add a wooden nightstand/top.

Let me know.

ST

Trap

Is this how it looks

Hope this works but i think I found a picture from a older 3400RL
I hope this is right. Great it worked. Is this arrangement the same as what comes with the 3055RL and Queen Bed. I found Picture when checking out RV's For Less Website.

Trap

Attachments

• BedSl.jpg
    BedSl.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Trap

I beleive that is the king size bed

I was just wondering if that's the same design that there using witrh the Queen Bed layout.

Trap:confused: