How can I find a sink???

Peteandsharon

Hey all,

One thing that Sharon didn't like in our 2008 BH 3055 is that it didn't have a stainless steel sink. So now we are looking to swap the existing ceramic sink out for a stainless. Well....... the dealer has been trying for more weeks than I can count and not having any luck finding it. I'm assuming that she has been going through Heartland but she says that they are told that they have it but in the end they keep wanting to send her the ceramic one. And apparently whoever she is dealing with does not want to give her the name of the manufacturer of the stainless steel sink or she would go directly to them. I cannot believe it is so hard to find for a 2008 model.

So....... I was wondering if anyone who also has the 2008 3055RL, with the stainless steel sink, is there any way that you could take a look underneath and find a manufacturer. Maybe a sticker is still on there or the name is imprinted there?

Or...... could someone at Heartland please explain to me why this has become more convoluted than Obama's economic plan?

The kitchen sink in my rig is a bit unusual in that it is not perfectly symetric. The upper left hand corner pouches out a little bit. Not sure if 2009's do the same thing but I still can't believe this thing can't be gotten.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Pete

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pete, I just spent a few minutes doing a search and looking at www.homecenter.com for a SS sink. I didn't see anything where the left bowl had the partial "punch out" area. They were all where the whole left bowl was bigger, not just that corner. AND they were expensive. Try this! Look under your sink. You may have room to cut a different dimension hole for a more standard sink. The counter top material is pretty easy to work with. We've become used to the white composition bowl and actually like it. It won't show any scratches like stainless and is much easier to clean. A fresh scotchbrite and a little comet. 5 minutes and it's like new. Good luck.

Peteandsharon

Thanks Ray. That's kinda funny in that one of Sharon's complaints is that she can't get stains out of the white sink worth a hoot. Go figure. And actually, the dealer is having a guy look at it for that exact purpose of seeing what can be done with the counter to fit a different shaped sink. As to the price, I believe the dealer looked that up in the beginning and it was somewhere in the ballpark of $130.

jimtoo

If you find something that will replace it, please let us know. I have measured and looked at sinks at Lowes, Home depot and others. Nothing will fit the opening. To remove stains, usually in lower 1/3 only it seems, fill with water and add a good amount of bleach and let it stand for a couple of hours.

Jim M

SmokeyBare

As I read about the Sink stains... yeah I've fought a few of those as well... I'm wondering if one of those Kits that claim to work on Bath Tubs and Kitchen Sinks could be a solution to the stain issue. Seems they been doing refinish jobs on tubs for a while now... I did a search and found one link...

Link: http://www.armorpoxy.com/bath-and-k...shing-epoxy/?gclid=CN69-rGe9JoCFQ3yDAodtlirdw

Might be worth doing some more research others who have had a tub refinished.

Marv

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Try using "Bar Keepers Friend" which you can find at the Dollar Store for removing the stain in the sink. My wife used it and so did a friend of ours and it works great. Zud is another product which gets the stains out too. Neither has bleach in it but they both work. Zud is available at the Dollar Store too. They also work to clean stainless steel pots.

Peteandsharon

So.... did anyone actually get the stainless steel sink as original equipment on a 2008 3055RL?? Is it possible that they never offered a stainless steel sink for that model in that year?? I assumed there was one available but maybe that's why we're not having any luck getting our hands on one.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I may be wrong, but I don't think that stainless was ever offered in 08'...that's why the 09' stainless sinks are symetrical and not asymetric like ours.:(

I too would like a stainless sink, just don't think it's gonna happen...

jimtoo

The 3055's with the stainless sinks do not have the offset in the counter top. I have not found any stainless that will replace the one with the offset. About the only option I see is to replace the counter top it self.

The original sink with the offset is a stonecraft or something like that. Not a real smooth, slick finish, so the barkeepers and other cleaners just do not work. The only thing I found to work is bleach.

Jim M

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know what you call it but my 2008 BH 3400RE has a white sink. DW drinks a lot of tea, I drink coffee and they get poured into the sink. It will stain the sink but I use the scratch free Comet with bleach. It cleans up very easy and is nice an white when I get through.

I really don't want a stainless sink. We had one in our S&B and it is hard to keep looking good. I also think the white sink looks good in the counter.
BC

Peteandsharon

Thanks guys for all the good answers. I really think Ken and Jim have hit the nail on the head with this issue. It seems that no stainless sink exists in the shape of the current sink. My dealer even went to Lowes and looked there for a stainless sink and found one that could be made to fit (It's just a little bigger than the original but that would leave issues of looks and counter overhang. Certainly this issue is not important enough to think about replacing the counter too.

So..... I think we just need to try some of the suggestions mentioned on cleaning the original sink. I'm afraid, though, we are seeing the same thing that Jim mentioned. Because of the texture and composition of the original sink, it does not clean easily. But we'll try the non-abrasive Comet, bleach or whatever might work.

Thanks again, all.