Phone line in 3600RL

HappyKayakers

I'm currently in an RV park with phone hookups. Phone company did their thing and I get a dial tone at the end of their line that connects to the rig but nothing inside. Dealer had to do extensive troubleshooting on the electrical wiring looking for a short affecting the left turn signal. Not sure if the phone line was also affected. Also not sure when I'll be going back to the dealer to fix the list of problems we've encountered so far. So, my question is: Is there an easy way to access the phone line from under the rig? Or is my best bet snaking the line all the way out to check for breaks and/or replace?

kerry

phone line

check the wiring at the phone jacks, behind the access panel @ the docking station and on the back of the phone jack at the computer desk

kerry

kerry

phone wire

you might try this. the wire from the jack in the docking station should run to the slide out. you should be able to identify the phone wire in one of the wire looms that covers the wires . you might also try continuity checking the wires. if one of the wires is open, you might be able to pull in a new wire , using the old wire as a pull wire. you would need a long wire from the jack inside out the window to the docking station and an ohm meter or find a 12v sourse and use a test light

kerry

HappyKayakers

Thanks Kerry. Looks like I'll add that to my weekend 'to do' list. If I can't track it down, it'll go on the dealers 'to do' list.