Durango, Co

sdgirl

Hi There,
Hubby and I are thinking of going to Railfest in Durango, Co. this year,,, August 13th thru 16th. Any recommendations on good campgrounds out that way? Or places to stay away from?

Anyone else going?

Thanks much!
Dena

rjr6150

Dena check under the members list for Robert and Marion Wengler and sent him a message. Bob is our Co. chapter leader and lives in Durango. I'm sure he would be able to suggest campsites:)

h20skih

Dena, we stayed last fall at the KOA south of town last fall. It is a really nice campground, great owners also. Just go online to find its web site. I think there might be one north of town (Hermosa) but I don't know the name. Hope this helps! Bryan

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
That area of Colorado is our favorite place in the USA. You will love it, We did not get a chance to ride the Narrow Guage Railroad steam engine but plan to return sometime and take the ride to Silverton and back. We stayed at the KOA on the north side of Durango like you were going to Silverton. I It is Durango KOA and it sits right beside a river

sdgirl

Thanks everyone. My brother has stayed at Alpin Rose, but I wanted to get other opinions. I will check with Bob, rjr,, thanks for the suggestion.