Rvq

Suzy

We are considering purchasing a 2010 North Trail 26RKS which has an RVQ as an option. This particular trailer does not have the grill but we're thinking of having one added. Does anyone have a trailer with an RVQ?... in your opinion, is it worth having?... and do you have any pictures of it? -- because I can't find a picture of one, nor have I actually seen one on any of the trailers we've looked at. Thank you for your help!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Suzy, I have absolutely no experience with the RVQ but I have seen their price and I think for the money you would be much better off with a WeberQ 100. I have had many small portable gas grills in my short time and the WeberQ is by far the best I've had, The best heat distribution, easiest to light, worry free grill there is. Again, that's my opinion. Walmart has started selling them at $149.

Hunter

Newby
We had an RVQ with our last trailer. Hated it. When they said one would come with our 21fbs, I said "no thanks". I didn't like something with heat so close to the trailer. I love the portable Coleman, as we can put it where ever we like when cooking and it stores wonderfully in the trailer compartment.

charlie51

I didn't really want one because I didn't like the idea of a hot grill attached to the side of my camper to smoke up my sidewalls and awning. I can tell you though mine according to the dealer isn't set up for it, meaning I didn't have the attachment rail mounted on the side of my TT. However, mine has everything else needed to attach a gas grill. Look under the trailer your buying and you may have a gas line running to the right side of your TT thats used for the RVQ. Mine comes over to the side and is capped on the end. I thought if I ever wanted to I would buy the extension hose (for lack of better terminology) with the quick disconnect and I could just run it to a regular gas grill I could set up away from the TT.

truknutt

Committed Member
We are considering purchasing a 2010 North Trail 26RKS which has an RVQ as an option. This particular trailer does not have the grill but we're thinking of having one added. Does anyone have a trailer with an RVQ?... in your opinion, is it worth having?... and do you have any pictures of it? -- because I can't find a picture of one, nor have I actually seen one on any of the trailers we've looked at. Thank you for your help!

The original manufacturers VITCO are no longer in business. I don't know who is producing the newer RVQ II but their surface area is slightly larger.

Here are a couple links for you to look at:

Rvqgrill.com

Camping World (Feb '06 new products) Scroll down to the end. Contains the dimensions for the Original and the RVQ II.

Camping World (old ad) Shows original RVQ

We had one of the originals installed on our last rig. It was small but ok for just the two of us. When nieces & nephews stayed with us we ended up eating in shifts. I still have the grill but opted to spring for one of the Coleman travel grills instead. Larger cooking area and it can be moved around so you can adjust for wind.

Another good point is the heat it put out next to the rig; our last one had the aluminum exterior so it wasn't a biggie but, the Cyclone's Gelcoat wasn't gonna feel the grill's heat!!!

My opinion: save your cash and get a decent aftermarket grill that are on sale!!

Suzy

Thanks...

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I'll look into all of them. There's nothing like the voice of experience for the best advice!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I owned an RVQ with my Jayco tag-a-long. It came with the trailer. Like others have expressed here, I found it OK, but rather small. It was OK when just Carol and I were camping, but if we were joined by friends then we either had to cook in shifts or someone else also had to bring out their grill.

My suggestion is to with either the Weber or the Coleman ( I have the Coleman). Either will do a better job and I am sure you won't regret going that route vs the RVQ.

Keith