Fuses

rtataryn

I'm hoping some Cyclone owners can help me here. I'm learning all I can with my new Cyclone 3010, making sure I understand all the systems prior to my summer travels. I'm looking at the 12V fuse box and have some questions:

1) My furnace or furnace fan does not function when shore power is unplugged. The fuse is in and good, but no furnace or fan. That should work on 12V right?

2) Speaking of fuses: Why do some of the 12V systems not have fuses? Such as: Outside scare lights, rear elec jacks, power rear-door lift, front landing gear, and slideouts.

3) I have a 15A fuse (in the 2nd fuse slot) that the electrician has labeled "Puck", and I have no idea what it services. I've looked everywhere. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help on this.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
RT, 1st of all some systems just wont work on a fuse. Some of the systems you refered to are most likely are on circuit breakers. Now to the fuse marked "puck". I have no idea what that means. The true way of finding out what that fuse is for is. Turn on everything in the coach, lites, fans, everything. Then remove the fuse and see what quits working. Then you mark the fuse accordingly. BTW, look up front where the batteries are, follow the B+ wire of the battery to a bank of red covered circuit breakers. This way you know where they are. They can be reset if they trip. Pull one of the red covers off and you should see a little black button sticking out the side of the breaker if it has tripped. Good luck on "puck". Bob:confused:

rtataryn

Thanks Bob. I appreciate your help. OK, here's what I found. The furnace is actually working great on 12V - the unit heats up very well, but the fan (auto/on switch) doesn't function, which I guess may actually be a part of the A/C system, and this may be normal.

Also, I did find the fuse for the front gear . . . on the + wire next to the jack motor in the front compartment. I also found the scare and porch lights are on the same fuse as the monitor panel. But I still have no idea where the fuses are for the rear jacks or slide-outs, or rear electric beds. Those may also be somewhere near their individual motors, but clearly not easily accessible, but they must be fused . . . right?

Regarding the mystery fuse labeled "puck". As you said, I turned everything on and pulled the fuse out, but no change, and no red light. Finally, I removed the entire fuse box to look behind it and follow the wire attached to it, and guess what . . . no wire. Nothing leading to it. Go figure. It's a blank.

But that raised yet another question . . . I expected to find my converter somewhere behind my fuse or breaker panels, but it's not there . . . so, I have no idea where that is if I ever need to get to it. Any guesses where to look?

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your questions regarding the fuses, etc. I wanted to check with our Eng. dept. before I responded to make sure that I didn't miss anything. First of all, your furnace should work on battery power, I am not sure why this is not functioning this way. Please check with your local servicing dealer. Next, the outside scare lights are fused on the monitor panel, and your rear elect. jacks, power ramp door, front landing gear, and slide outs are on mini breakers located up by your battery compartment. The area referred to as "puck" only applies to other floor plans such as the 3950 or 3850 that have some halogen "puck" lights located in certain areas located throughout the floor plan. In the 3010, we do not have any "puck" lights. I hope I answered all of your questions and if you have any further, please don't hesitate to give us a shout. Thank you for being part of the Heartland RV family. Thanks, Mike

rtataryn

Mike,

Thanks very much for your response. The furnace is actually working well on 12V . . . It's actually the A/C fan that wasn't coming on when I'm off of shore power. So everything is OK with that.

Thanks for the fuse info. I found the mini-breakers and now have a much better understanding of the 12V elecrical system. Better to know now than trying to figure it out in the boondocks if a fuse or breaker goes.

I just have to add Mike how much I love this 3010 - it's a terrific unit. Very happy to be a Heartland owner.

Rod