Toilet seals

nhunter

The bowl seal on toilet is leaking again! Anybody have any ideas as to why. The first one leaked after about 4 days of receiving trailer. Replaced with another one that started leaking after 2 days. Everything looks clean and no mineral buildup on flush ball

jpmorgan37

nhunter, mine leaked after several weeks and what I found was that the seal was positioned too close to the back edge and the ball actually caught it and pushed it down so that the water would drain out. I took the toilet apart, turned the seal 180 degrees and centered it in the hole. That was almost three months ago and no problem since. It took less than a half hour to fix once I figured out that the plastic base cover was velcroed to the toilet base.

John

nhunter

I felt the edge of the ball for nicks but I never thought about that. It also said in the owners manual to apply pledge or vegetable oil to the seal and ball. Thanks I will pull apart again and make sure the balll clears the seal

jpmorgan37

I haven't used anything to lubricate mine. I don't know how my DW would react if I poured her Wesson oil in the toilet. Just kidding.

Wild Wind

All brands of RV's are having Trouble with our model of Dometic Toilet build in later 2005 and 2006. I found this out in Floridia during our 3 month stay. Several other band owners in our park have the same problem. Our toilet worked for one day and then for 3 weeks after repair kit installed, all the owners with new units had the same problem, several were having new toliets installed . Just dropped off our 3055 with Randy yesterday to install a new Thetford toilet (Seem to be meeting some resistance on this, in that they are still was talking about a kit, they don't seem to get to message, that many of these toilets where cast wrong!!) I called Dometic directly they guareeted their kit would fix the problem. In 35 years of using Thetford toilets, we have never had one problem. When a product is built well we stick by them (Sony TV's for 30 years) We will see, when we pick up our Bighorn the day before the Rally.