Installing a leve on pin box

rgirouard

I read someplace in this forum about someone that had made a mounting bracket to mount a large ball level.
Unfortunately, I can't find it again and I am very interested in making one of these for my BH
Can anyone help.
I don't know about anyone else but I have a very hard time doing a search and coming up with what I am looking for.
Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I made the one pictured only because I got it at a garage sale and brackets weren't included. I also had to raise it up a bit so I was able to see it over the trail air shock.

Attachments

• Without cover.jpg
    Without cover.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I did mine similar to Rays. I bought a piece of aluminum angle at the hardware store then cut and mounted the pieces to fit my needs.
Peace
Dave

Chuck Richard

Don't know if this will work but I tried to attach some pictures of the way I mounted my level. I think I got the idea from the same post you remember. I just cut and bent a piece of aluminum and then painted it white to match the hitch cover. Looks like the screws are rusting so I have some maintenance to do.

Attachments

• HPIM2252.jpg
    HPIM2252.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 57
  • HPIM2253.jpg
    HPIM2253.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 45
  • HPIM2254.jpg
    HPIM2254.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 47

cjhicks

I mounted my level with the brackets that came with it from Camping World . The brackets are black and you will have to paint them white if you want to.