Added Light Switch & More

RTSTRT

We have just recently purchased a 2010 Sundance 3300SK and just returned from our intitial camping trip. We found a few things that we could fine tune to our liking and wanted to share them. First, the main light switch for the living room overheads was inside a cupboard door with the other main switches for slides, etc. This made it very inconvenient. So I added a switch on the wall just below that cupboard and just above the kitchen counter making it much easier to flip on the lights. Second, I added an electric receptacle inside the cubby by the bed. The existing outlet was below the cubby on the wall and the clock cord had to be unplugged to bring the bedroom slide in. Now the clock can remain plugged in, inside the cubby. Also, added a small box shelf, which we purchased at Camping World for $12.99, to the wall on the other side of the bed which now allows for a place to put TV remote and eyeglasses. As a new member, I cannot yet post my pictures but should be able to soon.

Randy & Sallie

Attachments

• Light Switch.JPG
    Light Switch.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Receptacle.JPG
    Receptacle.JPG
    318.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Bed Shelf -2.JPG
    Bed Shelf -2.JPG
    289.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Bed Shelf -3.JPG
    Bed Shelf -3.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Randy & Sallie, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. It sounds as if you are getting right to the personalizing of your Sundance. For us, that never ends. Keeps us (me) busy now and then too. Enjoy & Travel Safe.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We have just recently purchased a 2010 Sundance 3300SK and just returned from our intitial camping trip. We found a few things that we could fine tune to our liking and wanted to share them. First, the main light switch for the living room overheads was inside a cupboard door with the other main switches for slides, etc. This made it very inconvenient. So I added a switch on the wall just below that cupboard and just above the kitchen counter making it much easier to flip on the lights. Second, I added an electric receptacle inside the cubby by the bed. The existing outlet was below the cubby on the wall and the clock cord had to be unplugged to bring the bedroom slide in. Now the clock can remain plugged in, inside the cubby. Also, added a small box shelf, which we purchased at Camping World for $12.99, to the wall on the other side of the bed which now allows for a place to put TV remote and eyeglasses. As a new member, I cannot yet post my pictures but should be able to soon.

Randy & Sallie

Good idea to relocate the main light switch....Our main lite switch is located behind the coat closet doors :confused: not sure why its there but i'm thinking it needs to be moved badly!

Jim & Harriet

welcome

hello and welcome to the sundance group! we have a 2009 3300sk and have made several modifications to the kitchen (pantry closet and drawers,) bedroom (shelves and floor storage) and bath (shelf.) if you are interested you can check out our album.

it is fun to hear what other folks are doing. i'll look forward to seeing your photos. we added bedroom shelves and i'd like to see what you did.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Good idea to relocate the main light switch....Our main lite switch is located behind the coat closet doors :confused: not sure why its there but i'm thinking it needs to be moved badly!

Decided i had time today to fix that switch so i raised it 7" so it's outside the cabinet doors....added a real coat hanger bar too.

Attachments

• PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 166

sunriverman

Modification

Great idea, maybe Heartland will take a notice. Having to open the closet door to turn on the lights seems to be illogical to me?