8 weeks to get parts. is that normal?

GETnBYE

2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks, 2 weeks and still no parts. Am I being jerked around by my repair folks? Started out was going to be 2wks for parts and 2 wks for repairs. Now that my insurance company has made the check out to me AND the repair dealer my hands are tied. 2 months *so far* to get parts and no telling how long for repairs. I am thinking my warranty will be over before I ever get to go camping.
This is no good. :confused::(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Chuck Richard

Sorry to hear you are waiting so long for parts, I have to say that six weeks was the standard time for parts when I had warranty work. I was lucky though and could keep using the trailer while waiting for the parts. Mine did always come in at right about six weeks so hopefully yours are close.

GETnBYE

Thanks, I guess some days you just need someone to say, "it will all be o.k. soon"
Guess it would have been easier if we had atleast had a few trips in the new unit before the hail storm hit us.
Hoping it will all be a memory soon.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
GETnBYE, I would have your VIN handy and call Heartland customer service Monday morning. I don't know how long it should take to get parts but explain your situation and they may have some insight for you. I assume you are talking about the parts to repair hail damage?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
One time I had mine in for repairs and the shop kept telling me they had ordered the parts. What I discovered is they faxed the parts order in and never followed up to see if the fax was received. When I called Heartland parts to see if they had received the fax they advised the parts had never been ordered as they had never received the fax. My advise is to call Heartland Parts yourself to followup and see if they received the parts order. It should only take a week to 10 days to get the parts in unless they have to manufacture them.

tmcran

I had to order a new rear step from Heartland (I ran over curb). From order to delivery was 10 days. Had dealer order repair kit for bottom of LR and RB slide. Order to recieve was 11 days.

Last edited:

GETnBYE

They did have to make a new front cap. But the repair dealer said it was ready to get, but he was going to send a truck for it. That was 2 weeks ago.
I am going to need a t-shirt that says "I can get anything at all done, Just give me 2 WEEKS.