2010 3850 BH Lug Nuts

DMitch

Hi All,

The wife and I have just purchased a 2010 3580 Big Horn and will pick it up in Knoxville, TN. July 6-7. Does anyone know the size of the lug nuts? I want to be sure I have the proper socket. It has the aluminum wheel option if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. I moved your question to the General Maintenance area of the forum. I'm sure you will get a correct answer sooner from another member due to it being a weekend and the factory being down for a couple days.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if anything has changed in the lug nut department, but on my 2008 Bighorn I use a 22mm deep well. Be sure to use a torque wrench...........a good one.
Peace
Dave

TXBobcat

Fulltime
DMitch
I will make the assumption that you have 16" Tires and aluminum rims on your trailer. If this is correct you will most likely need 7/8" - 1/2" deep socket, 3" -1/2" extension and a 1/2" torque wrench. I would suggest a clicker type. You will most likely find one at Sears or Lowes which ever fits your needs. You will need a bottle jack. I have 2 - 6 ton jacks. Some have as much as a 20 ton. I would get 2 boards 2"x6"x10" or so, to put under the jack so it will not sink into the surface you stopped on.

Hopefully you will not have to use them on the way home.

Have fun. Welcome to the Heartland family.
BC

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I don't use the bottle jack anymore. Use the boards you tote, roll the rv up on them, remove the tire and repair, roll rv off the boards. Done.