Hydraulic Reservoir for Slides

Two Hands

I just noticed a small amount of transmission fluid on the battery case beneath the slide reservoir, but I can't see an obvious leak. It might become readily apparent during operation of the slides. The reservoir is just less than half full. The owners manual said I could check the level by looking at the dip stick on the reservoir cap. There was a cap, but no stick. Will someone please tell me what the proper level should be?

Forrest Fetherolf

I just noticed a small amount of transmission fluid on the battery case beneath the slide reservoir, but I can't see an obvious leak. It might become readily apparent during operation of the slides. The reservoir is just less than half full. The owners manual said I could check the level by looking at the dip stick on the reservoir cap. There was a cap, but no stick. Will someone please tell me what the proper level should be?

The reservoir should be between 1/2 and 3/4 full, mine is a see through plastic tank. Check the valves and hoses for leaks,

Forrest

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
TWO HANDS, mine was leaking at the manifold knob shaft. It did take a while to find it. Never leaked a lot but one day I took the knobs off, wiped it clean and in a couple of days there was fluid running off the knob shaft. The repair is on Lippert if the the chassis (frame) is still in warrenty. Bob:D

talley

I believe that maintenance instructions for the slideouts for my 2006 BH calls for the fluid level to be 1/2" from the top of the tank when the slides are in. Also the fluid is recommended to be changed ... I believe every so often [incorrect time refeference edited out for correctness] [36 months as quoted in manual]. I am sorry but I can't find the written reference right now to quote it. I probably got it from Lippert's website...I just completed this maintenance last week.

Edit: Looked up the resource on the Lippert website. The fluid level should be 1/2" from overflow and the fluid change is every 36 months. (both according to the manual). The manual is 28 pages.

http://www.lci1.com/OwnersManuals/hydraulic-slideouts/Hydraulic%20Slideout%20Landing%20Gear-Web.pdf

Jerry

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
May be too late for you, but as soon as I got my rig to the storage yard from the dealer, I used a Sharpie pen to mark where the levels were with slides in and out.

Two Hands

The repair man was here this morning. The leak may be from the collar where the pump motor connects to the reservoir. The repairman, Harry Lockwood, Custom Coach Care in Roseville, CA, took it upon himself to call Lippert and confirm that the system is under warranty. My thanks to Lippert and Harry Lockwood. Now we have to hope the parts arrive before we have to leave.