built-in black tank flush system question

momma

I smiled at the brochure photo of the "competition" cleaning out the black water tank, wrapped up in hosing and holding his nose. My question: Is this system really helpful, and does it work as well as the company claims it does?

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have a 2008 3670 Bighorn that I have owned since Sept, 07. It is very helpful and has always worked as advertised.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Our last RV did not have the black tank flush and i added one because the fumes linger outside unit through the vents even when the tank was empty. It's a must if you store your unit inside a closed garage like we do. The flush system keeps your drains hoses and fittings so much cleaner.

waccajs

Texian
When you see the clear water coming out of the hose when you are dumping, you are very glad you purchased a Heartland product. It requires an extra step, hooking up the fresh water flush, but it confirms that the tank has been purged. Enjoy the experience (if that is possible)!

SmokeyBare

It does work as they state in the Company brochures. But keep in mind, if the water pressure in a campground is low... it might take a couple more minutes to get the water to run clear. Normal water pressure is all it takes to clean the tank, you should be able to hear the spray hitting the walls of the Tank as you are emptying the tank.

HappyKayakers

I use a clear elbow on my sewer pipe and can really see the difference from emptying to flushing. Like others, I would not be without it.

h20skih

My 08 Razor didn't come with the tank flush. Bought one & installed it and tried it out, what a difference!!! The black tank sensors kept showing it was always 2/3 full after emptying, there must have been dried on *#@* inside, but not any more & sensor read empty when I was done. Amazing for $25.00!!!

Uncle Rog

I concur with the positive reviews, especially when used in concert with the Iraqi "TV", otherwise you would only be guessing...............

andy

I installed one in my old camper . Another reason i bought the big horn . I made a manifold out of pvc an a valve so i dont have to keep switching the hose . they are really nice keeping your sensors clean .

sdgirl

I bought my Big Country a year ago and thought this was a "Oh, that's nice" feature-wise. Well,,, our value was installed backwards, so it didn't work at first. Took the rig back to the dealer and got that fixed,, and use the clear elbow and WOW. Now I LOVE this feature. I would not buy another rig without this.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
While at the factory tour today I noticed something very cool. It was on the 2010 Big Country 3250. It may be the same on others but I don't know but it is easy enough to check. The location of the back flow preventer is behind the round access port in the shower. It may be a good idea to remove that cover to check on other new models as it could be there on others. It's now very easy to check the connections and/or replace the valve if needed.