Route to rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Richard

Hope someone has driven to Winchester Bay before. I was looking for the best route from the Salem area and it looked like I-5 to Hwy 38 was the best. But I saw Elk Creek tunnel on the map and checked on line and it stated 12'3" clearance :confused: and I believe my 3055 is 12'6" :eek:. DW called the park today and they said Hwy 38 was the way to go so now I am confused. Will try and talk to ODOT tomorrow but if someone on the forum has driven this route please let me know so I will not have to worry.

Don't want a trim to the top of the trailer. lol :D

shovelguy

tunnel

Interesting, I have driven that route numerous times, albeit not towing this size 5'ver, and never gave the tunnel any thought. I have never made the trip without seeing a semi or two headed to the coast. I checked the www.aitaonline.com low clearance website. It does not mention this tunnel as a low point to be careful of. Now having said all that, you have me considersing if I want to change my route down, turning off I-5 at Eugene and hitting the coast at Florence. Please post what you find out from ODOT.

Dean

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We drove 38 last year with our 3670 and did fine. I actually don't even remember the tunnel but Mark said we went through it. I know we went through Elkton and Scottsburg and everything was fine.

Kristy

shovelguy

I just talked to a friend of mine, with a Alfa Gold 5'ver, he makes that trip 4 or 5 times a year, with no problems, so I'm back to my original plan to go down HW 38.

Be seeing you all soon.

Dean

Chuck Richard

Thanks, I wondered if the web site I found was wrong when the park recommended this route. I may still call ODOT but I will also plan to go this route and will post if ODOT tells me anything funny.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.