2010 3055RL Front Jack Problem

jeffpayne

Just wanted everyone know about an issue I just experienced with my new 2010 3055RL. I was retracting the front landing legs and might have had the switch in too long. Well now both legs are now broken. I’ve dropped the motor side leg and took out the gears in the top. There is a horizontal gear inside that drives the leg down and the mount for this gear has fallen down on one side. I tried to manually unscrew the leg, but am unable to. Lippert is going to send me replacement legs. I had a Newmar 5th wheel trailer for 13 years and never and any problems with the front legs. With that trailer if I happened to have the retract switch in too long it would just free wheel at the top and not totally ruin the legs! After I get the replacement legs I’m going to design a method that will stop the legs from retracting after it reaches the top. I will post the information about the modification so that it will be impossible to break the legs.

sforgetst

Hello "jeffpayne"

""After I get the replacement legs I’m going to design a method that will stop the legs from retracting after it reaches the top. ""

I wait for it. I am always fear to have this problem...

Serge

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
A pin switch or limit switch will work. Had this set up on a previous rig.
XL-2EJ07.JPG

Kind of bulky so a weather proof pin switch might work better.
Ran this switch through a relay. Worked well for quite a few years.
This is one is from Grainger but just about any electrical supply house will carry them.