2 Honda 2000s, will it be enough?

bigdob24

Just curious about what you use for a generator set up.
I'm thinking about 2 Honda 2000s to power a Sundance 3300 RCB.
Any info would help me decide what I may need.
Thanks
Dan

bgscott

two honda's will certainly handle the air conditioner. I bought a boliy 3600i at half price of the two honda's and it also does a good job.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Just curious about what you use for a generator set up.
I'm thinking about 2 Honda 2000s to power a Sundance 3300 RCB.
Any info would help me decide what I may need.
Thanks
Dan

You should be good as golden. I have a 4300 with a "Y" adaptor and I have run two RV's including two 15k BTU air conditioners with it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
two honda's will certainly handle the air conditioner. I bought a boliy 3600i at half price of the two honda's and it also does a good job.
Do you have a fourth generation?? The ads I see for them elude to the fact that the earlier ones had a few bugs but the fourth generation is Jam up.
We are wanting to get a generator by winter so we can spend some time in the NPs on the OBX.
Have you heard the EU3000 running?? How does the noise compare to the Boliy?

bgscott

I do have the fourth edition. I have had no problems so far. I can't compare it to a eu3000 but it is louder than a honda 2000i. it is pretty quite in econo mode. If the air conditioner is on I can't easily hear it from inside the trailer but it is running af a pretty fast rpm and slightly louder compared to the two honda's. it is nowhere near as loud as a standard generator.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
SouthernNights

I have the eu3000 and love it. I only have one ac but it runs the whole camper without problem and it is so quiet I forget it's out there:) Well, maybe not that quiet but is sure isn't bothersome.

Like bgscott I can't compare my eu3000 to the boliy because I've never heard them side by side, but like his boliy, in the econo mode it is really hard to hear. Picks up when the ac kicks in, but then right back to quiet.

Not much comparison help I know, but just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. From what I've heard, I don't think you can go wrong either way you go.

Keith

rjr6150

We have two Honda 2000's and had never experienced any problems running our 5th. If there is a disadvantage it would be the size of the gas tanks. Many have adapted a gas feed to pull from to increase run time.

SouthernNights

Thanks guys.

Umm, Keith, because you stole my site at Hatteras:eek: (just kidding)you can leave your Honda with me at the rally-I will make sure you get it back next year:D.

klindgren

Thanks guys.

Umm, Keith, because you stole my site at Hatteras:eek: (just kidding)you can leave your Honda with me at the rally-I will make sure you get it back next year:D.

Why sure I can...Oh, wait, I won't need the generator at Hatteras so I won't be brining it. Oh, well, Sorry:D

Seriously though, if you would like to hear the eu3000 under power so you can get a feel for the noise level I'd be more than happy to bring it with me to Hatteras. It will already be on the truck from the previous weekend when we are doing some "dry" camping on the Northern Neck. I could just unload it a week later. Less I have to worry about when we unpack from one weekend only to start packing for the next weekend...

Camping two weekend's in a row...Darn the Luck :)

SouthernNights

Keith, Would love to hear the 3000 but only if it isnt too much bother for you to bring it.
The 2000 I have heard and it is acceptable. I have seen a few of them in NPs. and no one really hears them at the next site.
I really like the info I have heard and read on the Boliy. Almost half the weight (and price)of the 3000 and strong enough to pull the HVAC. But I havent heard them run either.
Does anyone know where the Boliy is made? Their website does not come straight out and say "Made In USA" Just you wont get tech support from India. :)

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Keith, Would love to hear the 3000 but only if it isnt too much bother for you to bring it.
The 2000 I have heard and it is acceptable. I have seen a few of them in NPs. and no one really hears them at the next site.
I really like the info I have heard and read on the Boliy. Almost half the weight (and price)of the 3000 and strong enough to pull the HVAC. But I havent heard them run either.
Does anyone know where the Boliy is made? Their website does not come straight out and say "Made In USA" Just you wont get tech support from India. :)

It appears the Boliy has not got good reviews.....
http://www.amazon.com/Boliy-Pro3600...ummary_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Why sure I can...Oh, wait, I won't need the generator at Hatteras so I won't be brining it. Oh, well, Sorry:D

Seriously though, if you would like to hear the eu3000 under power so you can get a feel for the noise level I'd be more than happy to bring it with me to Hatteras. It will already be on the truck from the previous weekend when we are doing some "dry" camping on the Northern Neck. I could just unload it a week later. Less I have to worry about when we unpack from one weekend only to start packing for the next weekend...

Camping two weekend's in a row...Darn the Luck :)

Hmmm, if you bring it you'll have to plan on giving a demo to the whole group:D ("If you bring it, they will come", from the movie, RV of Dreams).

klindgren

:)

No Problem at all. Like I said it will already be on the truck from the previous weekend so I'll just leave it there. Now, as far as demonstrating for the whole group, well, I don't know...I was only doing this for SoutherNights cuz I stole his camping spot or should I say I would not let him steal mine:D I guess I could charge admission.....Oh, what the heck, everyone's invited to come listen..:)

bgscott

those boliy reviews are old. I researched for weeks and read everything I could/ communicated with as many people as possible about boliy before I bought it. they came out around 06 and had a lot of issues. the fourth generation has had these issues fixed and it now seems to be very solid for the money.

I rarely dry camp so it was awfully hard to justify two honda's. I wanted something light enough to carry by myself. I bought the boliy with the intentions of using it around the house when needed and dry camping when the mood strikes. I also am very comfortable working on small engines and electrical issues so I don't think there are a lot of things that could break that I can't repair. So far I have about 40 hours of run time on the generator with no problems at all.

if you are looking for a generator for heavy use go with a honda or yamaha. if you are willing to take a little chance to save a lot of money the boliy is a good choice.

boatdoc

those boliy reviews are old. I researched for weeks and read everything I could/ communicated with as many people as possible about boliy before I bought it. they came out around 06 and had a lot of issues. the fourth generation has had these issues fixed and it now seems to be very solid for the money.

I rarely dry camp so it was awfully hard to justify two honda's. I wanted something light enough to carry by myself. I bought the boliy with the intentions of using it around the house when needed and dry camping when the mood strikes. I also am very comfortable working on small engines and electrical issues so I don't think there are a lot of things that could break that I can't repair. So far I have about 40 hours of run time on the generator with no problems at all.

if you are looking for a generator for heavy use go with a honda or yamaha. if you are willing to take a little chance to save a lot of money the boliy is a good choice.

Yes, those posts are old and I believe from folks that don't know which end of a screwdriver to use. I have an early "red" one as does my BIL and both don't miss a beat. Yes, they did have a couple of small problems when I first got them but a 1/2 hour on each, had all the bugs tuned out. All it took was a cheap doide or something to make the hour meter work right, a little black tape to keep some wires from scuffing and rerouting the fuel line. To save my back and pocketbook it was minor to fix these bugs and yes they now have them all worked out and they are a nice genny as is my Kipor 3500TI.