Holding Tank Flush System

RnRCycloner

I have a 2009 Cyclone 3950, I discovered this weekend that the Flush System seems to only flush the front holding tank. How do you flush the rear holding tank? What am I doing wrong?

Mike Aplin

Thank you for your question regarding the black tank flush. In the 3950 floor plan, both the lav and the toilet drain into the same black tank in the half bath. With the additional water that is "sloshing" back and forth inside the tank, this help to break up any solids inside the tank to help with the draining of the black tank. Thank you for your question and thank you for being part of the Heartland RV family. Take care, Mike

RnRCycloner

Thanks Mike for your response.. That makes sense...

I do have one other question concerning the fresh water tank.. After draing the tank it still registers 1/3 full.. Would it be possible I need to raise one end a bit? I haven't taken a look at that option yet.. I would like some advise before removing the under covering... Thanks in advance for your help...

Ron

Mike Aplin

Try lowering from your level position down on the nose and this should allow you to drain more water out of your tank. The probes will read 1/3 full if you don't drain as much water out as possible. By dropping the nose of the coach slightly, you will be able to drain as much of the water of the water out as possible. There is almost always around 3/4 of inch of water in the tanks regardless. I hope this helps answer your question. Mike

RnRCycloner

I will give that a try.. That tells me that drain port is toward the front of the Cyclone... Simple Solution

Thanks Mike.

I too have a 3950 and found out no rear flusher, so I installed one, called swan very nice people had flusher sent to me with vacuum beaker ....

kturner37

I have a 2011 Prowler 28PS RLS. So far we have discovered no major problems but we are new to camping and this is our very first travel trailer. I would like to ask about caring for the tanks... the black tank especially. After dumping and flushing out the black tank, is it best to leave the tank empty or add some fresh water and a dose of treatment and leave that in the tank while it is parked in between camping trips? I would like to know the same about the gray water holding tank... leave empty or add some fresh water and some treatment to keep it fresh in between trips.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if you "need" to do anything other than what you want. Some just empty and flush the tank and add some sort of treatment.
Some use a bottled or packaged treatment. Some use a mixture of Dawn dish detergent and Calgon.
I personally do not use any type of treatment other than maybe once a year give it a cup of Dawn, Calgon and a little water to slosh around while going down the down the highway. Then drain and rinse at my next stop.

Peace
Dave