Any 2010 Grand Canyon owners out there?

Midastouch

I would really like to hear from anyone on the forum who has a 2010 GC ... especially if they have had the original GC in the past like I have now!

I noticed alot of Augusta owners and like the unit but seem to be drawn to the GC every time, liking the wide hallway, bed nightstand and larger desk area.

I would not get the large refrig as I am single and don't fill the one I have now and the pantry is needed far worse than a 2 door refrigerator with icemaker in the door!

Where are the new Grand Canyon people?????!!!!!!!

jpmorgan37

Hi Lynne;

I hope to see one soon and will give you a report as soon as I do. We are really anxious to see it too, but we want the "big" fridge, and think that the cabinets by the steps will suffice for pantry space.

John

DWH

Grand Canyon on the way

We have a 2010 GC ordered. It arrived at the dealer dealer yesterday. We won't be able to pick it up till 06/27/09 however when we are scheduled to be in IN. We are trading in a 2008 BH 3370, so we won't be able to compare to the earlier GC. We have ordered a number of options and will be glad to share our experience with everything when we get it. Naturally we are little excited about our new arrival.None Let us know if there is anything in particular you are interested in.

Sue and Doug Hoeffner
2008 Chevy 2500 D&A

Midastouch

Being the only one in my unit now, I barely fill the frig I have .... so I definately don't need the big one, although it sure looks nice! As far as the "wardrobe" area in the hallway .... is that for hanging or is it shelves?

DWH ...How long did it take from the time you ordered until it was delivered to your dealer?

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Lynne,

Did you get a good settlement out of the flooding? I have not seen an update from you......:confused:

Midastouch

I posted a little UPDATE message in the GENERAL Landmark forum ... have not finalized the settlement yet, but I am trying to get everything lined out so I can let them know what I want and expect!

jpmorgan37

I'm not sure Lynne. All the pictures that I've seen so far have the doors closed. I can always add shelves or slide trays, if they aren't there.

John

Superduty

Grand Canyon
We take delivery of ours on Thursday!:) We did get ours with the big fridge, and also the generator. I will be able to respond to the hallway closet for you by Thursday or friday.

Midastouch

Sounds great Superduty! I know what to expect on the quality of the fit/finish, etc... but would really like to know what to expect on those new items since I will be literally moving my stuff from one unit into another when the time finally comes. I am also curious about the actual space that the living room TV is in and if the end cabinet was removed or modified .... could I get my 40" I just bought in there!????

The only other issue that I am curious about is how much room is there under that cabinet next to the micro, meaning ... is there enough room to fit a full size coffee maker under there without putting it on the stovetop area? Does that make sense? In the pics, that space under the cabinet looks very short. I need my coffee maker available at all times! haha

What decor did ya'll order?

jbeletti

Hi Lynne,

Too bad you could not be here with us. I "repeatedly requested" we have a 2010 GC here at the rally and they came through for us. I went through it a bit today. I can tell you it is very nice.

The cabinet in the upper slide has two sections. The left-most section has an upper shelf and a closet rod under that. The right-most section has several fixed shelves.

If it were me, I'd want those reversed. Or better yet, converted to all shelving. With the standard full large front closet, I don't need more clothes rods for hanging clothes anyway. And there is still a small coat closet on the wall as you enter the coach for a couple of light jackets. I'd prefer to use that space for kitchen stuff like pots and pans and maybe bowls and such. I doubt this would be a tough request to get us to do.

We are still fans of a split bath but I'd like to try an all-in-one.

If you require a large desk area to work at - wow, is this the one! There again, maybe a slight modification. There is a very large space under the desk area that is open. I'd like to see a shelf under there for a printer. Or better yet, a cabinet under there on the wall from the floor, up maybe a foot. Then use the top of that cabinet for a printer. This is just me. Others may prefer it as designed as we all have differing needs. I am sure this would be an upcharge but for some, it would be worth it.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Hi Lynne;

Picking up on what Jim said. The coach is beautiful and it appears that the quality of construction is a notch above what you and I have. The entry closet is not nearly as deep as ours, not deep enough for any cookware, several jackets will fill it. The bedroom dresser only has four drawers now, but there is another dresser beside the bed. Also, there are no cabinets over the head of the bed now. The storage under the bed is almost double. With the large desk area, I would put a small file cabinet under the desk and a shelf for my printer. The four cabinets that we have above the TV are now only one, since the TV is in that space. There is plenty of room on the counter for your coffee pot. (A definite must have) The cabinet along side the stove is much deeper. The counter space is slightly smaller than what you have, although not a detriment. There are not any drawers in the bathroom vanity, although just outside the bathroom is a tall unit with shelves that would hold most of those items. (I need to go back and look at that again) The steps going into the bed/bath area are alongside the refrigerator, which eliminates the air flow from the a/c in the bedroom going down into the living area. The sofa has a large plastic tub in it's base for storage of under 50 pounds. Overall, it has a very comfortable feel and from what you said, I think you would love it and it would really be perfect for you and Sassi.

Take care,

John

Midastouch

Thanks for the descriptions Jim ... I've been starring at the pics on the website everyday, trying to imagine how and where I will put things as I transfer from the old style to the new one. I really hate to see the "Classic Grand Canyon" go but the risk of mold and such is too great and the final word from the insurance company was "total loss" so it will be going to auction, I guess.

I really would like to know if I can swap my Mojave Desert window treatment tops with the Godiva tops. I'm sure the Godiva pattern is nice but the plain brown tones in the original unit match the custom recliner I had made. If I could swap out the tops of those with the new one I would be soooooo happy!!!!!!

Midastouch

oops, John .... didn't see your post until after I had written mine! Thanks for all that information! I was more worried about fitting a coffee maker UNDER the cabinet opposite the stove. It just looks like a small space between the counter and the bottom of that cabinet in the pictures!

I was also wondering how that couch sat? I know that I had to have the cushions in the original couch re-foamed because they were so flimsy when you sat on them. Just when I get things how I like them and are used to them ..... start all over!

I will definately miss the drawers in the vanity but I have not filled the vanity back up in mine since the big flood .... the stuff is still in a big laundry basket on the far side of the bed! Must be stuff I don't need! Most of it probably is anyway .... hahaha

When you mentioned the airflow going down into the livingroom area from the bedroom ... I'm not sure what you meant by that exactly ..... is the change a good thing, I guess? My air never did work that well. Come to find out there was a seperation in the duct work that went to the bedroom from the main unit so I just block that off completely and all the air went to the living room from the 15 BTU and the 13.5 BTU kept the bedroom cool as needed. It worked for me, finally! I hope the new one doesn't have air conditioner issues like it seemed some did with the "tent in the vent" invention and such ..... I think I have a "vent tent" in mine still! Three years can change alot of things, but can also create new problems too, so I hope those are few and far between.

Keep me posted on anything Grand Canyon everyone ..... Thanks in advance!
I considered only for a few seconds, another manufacturer ...... again, all of you and this forum and the product is why I am going to continue to be a Heartland Landmark Owner!

Midastouch

Superduty......Did ya'll get that new Grand Canyon yet????????????

Tell me what you think!!!!!!!!!

I can't stand it!!!!!! I'll be waiting another 3-4 weeks probably!

sprehoda

Printer Space?

Jim:

I have my eyes on the GC and the large desk.

My thought was to put the printer in the corner of the desk and use sticky pads to keep it from sliding off while traveling. Do you think this would work?

The space under the desk would have a big box on the floor suitable for filing cabinet use.

We will be ordering a fireplace so cannot use the cabinet under the desktop.

jbeletti

sprehoda,

I think your idea of the printer "on the desk" is a good one. They have a pretty low center of gravity and with something grippy between it and the desktop, my sense is that you will be fine. In fact, this is what I am thinking of doing as well when I get a GC in January. At first, I was considering making a full-extension pull-out shelf, under the desk for the printer but I'd really have to pull it out far to reach it.

For the first time for me, I am also thinking of putting an LCD monitor and a keyboard/mouse on the desk and leave it there all the time. I'll just remove the laptop when I am not RVing. This is really one of the most exciting desk spaces we've made, and I am looking forward to using it instead of using the sofa and my high-low coffee table as my workspace.

As for putting a filing cabinet under the desk (to the right of the fireplace), when you place your order, have the shelf that is under there, eliminated. When I saw the proto-type, I knew right away that we needed to better utilize the space under there and asked that we add a shelf and a power receptacle. You will also want to have the height from the carpet to the underside of the desktop measured for you to ensure you can fit a filing cabinet under there - but I think it's a great idea.

Jim

sprehoda

Filing Cabinet

Jim:

Actually I was thinking about a plastic box that would work with file folder holders.

A filing cabinet is 28" high and if there is that much clearance between the bottom of the desktop and the carpet that would be better and really thrilling.

Could you check?

I am getting more and more ready to get the GC.

jbeletti

sprehoda,

I won't be at the plant until later in October so I have asked the LM/BH Brand Manager, Kevin Finn to measure this for you.

Stay tuned!

Jim

Last edited:
K

Kevin_Finn

The clearance from the carpet to under the desk top is 29".
Sounds like the filing cabinet will work!!

What color would you like your new Grand Canyon??

cjbearden

Visitor
sprehoda and Jim -

J.D. and I have PCs and use the following Quake Secure putty to secure printers and processors. Monitors are turned face down onto gripping shelf liner stuff. Keyboards sit on a piece of grippy stuff also. So far items have remained securely on the entertainment slide and on top of my desk (replaced kitchen table).

http://www.sunsetent.com/Categories/quakesecure.html

Hope all of you enjoy those new Grand Canyons. Looking forward to seeing yours all set up, Jim.