Roof Load Limit

RnRCycloner

What is the load limit for the 3950 roof? I'm some what of a hefty fellow around 250 -260lbs. If I need to get on the roof, I'd like to be confident I don't end up crashing through...

Thanks
Ron

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I tried to get a response from Heartland, and they came back with 300 lbs, because that is what the ladder can hold. But is that truely what the roof can hold I do not Know.
Butch

alkyspeed

I have been up on the roof (07' Cyclone 3795) many times .
Cleaning , installing a bedroom AC and a satellite dome.
Ranging about 225# - 240#. Luckily - No problems at all - roof is still intact .

Mike Aplin

We do not have a posted weight limit on our roof. Our roof construction is 16" on center with 5" roof rafters. The roof is fully decked as well. As the size of our customers may vary between individuals, the best suggestion is to step where the roof rafters are. Our roof is designed to be walked on for maintenance, etc. Thank you for your question.

sundancekid

I believe in some of the brochures they advertise setting a toyoto pick up on the roof. I think you will be just fine. 6'3" 310 lbs here been up and down many times checking it all over.

RnRCycloner

Thanks for all the responses... It would seem to be pretty safe to be on top of the unit...

Again Thanks.. Always get great help on the forum..

Ron

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Hi Ron - we were in your neck of the woods last weekend at Caney Creek and will be back there on the 4th of July. Maybe we can cross paths sometime.

RnRCycloner

Hi Ron - we were in your neck of the woods last weekend at Caney Creek and will be back there on the 4th of July. Maybe we can cross paths sometime.

Yea! I'm not too far from Caney Creek, I've not camped there, it looks like a nice CG.. Roane County Park across the lake is a nice place if you have children. Has TVA created problems for it with their ash spill? I hope to get down to Fall Creek Falls in July, haven't set a date yet.

Good to hear from a Heartland owner near by.. Hopefully our paths will cross sometime..