Will 30 lb propane tanks fight on 31BDSS?

I see that the North Trail Travel Trailers come with two 20 lb propane tanks.

Will 30 lb propane tanks fit on the trailer and will the covers cover them completely?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

irvin56

Yes two 30 will fit

Their only taller,
No cover won't work

You may have to move your regulator up a bit, or go with longer hose from tank.

I down sized mine on my old trailer. (30 to 20)but hoses where longer and did not matter.

20's are easier to fill, lighter,( when carrying to fill) most common, can get anywhere.
I always carry an extra for my BBQ. so if needed I just change out and refill tank. and use for my BBQ. repeat as needed.

I have different dated tanks. as they age out I just replace and rotate among all of them.
from house to trailer to BBq. Etc

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mcreech

the 30's will fit on the frame but the cover depends on the year of the North Trail...if it is an 2009 the cover will fit, if its an 2010 it won't

Yes the tanks will fit. But the cover won't. My we bought our 310QBS, we kept the old 30's for the new unit and left the new 20's on the old unit.

charlie51

I have an 09 Sundance with 20# tanks and my cover is tall enough to fit 30# tanks. I wondered why they went with 20# when it seems everyone else has gone to the 30# nowadays. Only thing I could figure is with a TT like mine you won't use as much gas since it has the half-time oven. I agree with others I like the 20# better because you can swap out at about any store nowadays if it gets rusty or something.