Drawer stops

HappyKayakers

During the PDI, the service rep pointed out the feature on the bedroom drawers that keep the drawers from sliding out when you don't want them to. Not sure what it's called. This same feature is NOT on the kitchen drawers. Should it be? Why wouldn't all be the same?

jbeletti

can you take a picture of that feature and post it here? I installed several drawer catches but have not gotten them all done.

In my opinion, yes, you'd want them on the kitchen drawers too. Mine always slide open. (not all of them but more than one).

Adding the rest of the catches is on my list for the next trip or two.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Been there

Jim,
I have been through this a little bit. The rear end of the drawer glide that is attached to the drawer itself has a taper on it. Initially a person would want to carefully pinch this taper closed a little bit more. I started down that path and learned that there was a better solution. If you pull your drawer all the way out and look towards the back of the opening at the drawer glide you will see a rubber catch. It will be oblong in shape and it just press over a flange on the glide. Take this off and turn it over top to bottom and replace it. What seems to happen is when the drawers are initially assembled into the frame there might be a bit of misalignment that in-turn "sheers" that little rubber catch. By turning it over, it acts like a new catch. At least that has been my experience on (3) drawers that were giving me similar problems.
Anyway it is worth a shot.

Mark

HappyKayakers

Jim Beletti said:
can you take a picture of that feature and post it here? I installed several drawer catches but have not gotten them all done.

In my opinion, yes, you'd want them on the kitchen drawers too. Mine always slide open. (not all of them but more than one).

Adding the rest of the catches is on my list for the next trip or two.

Jim

Hope these pix come through. The one with my hand underneath is from the bedroom. The other one is a kitchen drawer. With the bedroom drawers, the drawer face stops about 1/4 inch before hitting the dresser front. Then I give it an extra little shove and it slides the rest of the way in. Maybe this is the detent that some other folks have mentioned? The kitchen drawers do not hesitate anywhere, just slide smoothly all the way in. The only difference I can see between the two sets of drawers is the way the hardware is mounted on the drawer itself. On the bedroom drawers, that slide is about 1/4" short of the back of the drawer face. In the kitchen, they're right up against it. Can anyone from the factory confirm this? Since this is a brand new rig, I would hope that nothing has had time to sheer off as noted in the previous post.

Attachments

• P5100006.JPG
    P5100006.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 94
  • P5100007.JPG
    P5100007.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 85