3300 RCB weights and my truck specs?

bigdob24

It looks like I will be within the trucks specs for towing.
The weights for the new 3300RBC are
GVWR 14,229 and that would be everything loaded , water and supplies, clothes, and toys maximum capacity, correct?
Dry weight 9240 , this would be the actual coach weight nothing added , correct?
Pin weight of 2229, I guess this would be the weight loaded and ready to go ?
My truck is a 2006 Chevy Silverado HD 2500 6.6 Duramax
I found out it can tow 15800 with a 5th wheel hitch and it says max payload for the truck is 3240 , so that would be greater then the 2229 pin weight.
Looks to me that everything is well within the trucks specs. I plan on a Reese 15K hitch.
Have I missed anything?
I like to be safe, any commits would be appreciated
Thanks
Dan

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan, as long as you're not full timing, it's not likely you'll reach the GVWR of the trailer. It's more likely though that your pin will get closer to 2600#. I guess there's a rule of thumb, 20% of the towing weight, but, it will vary based on how you load the trailer. You have to remember, the max payload of your truck includes all passengers, fuel and bed contents as well as the weight of the hitch and pin weight. It's likely you'll be close to or even slightly exceed the trucks GVRW. We're not weight police either so the main thing is to travel safe and have fun.

Last edited:

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
You have to remember, the max payload of your truck includes all passengers, fuel and bed contents as well as the weight of the hitch and pin weight. It's likely you'' be close to or even slightly exceed the trucks GVRW. We're not weight police either so the main thing is to travel safe and have fun.

Find the GVWR of your truck and then go weigh it! The manufacturer weight rating for your truck is the base vehicle DRY. My 2008 2500 LT2 weighed in at 1,000 pounds more than the manufacturer stated weight!

That difference killed me in my next RV choice but at least I know my limits! My truck has a GVWR of 9200# then my actual weight with a full tank of diesel and JUST ME (With my bedliner and tool chest) weighed in at 7,220!!! So I have less than 2000# of cargo capacity left......

Delaine and Lindy

I have found during the years that the Pin weight is the issue with the 2500HD's. We are heavy (5th wheel) and have a 3800 lb pin weight, so we have no choice except the DRW 1 ton Truck. There are many towing the same type 5th wheel we have with the 2500HD's but their 5th wheels have Disk brakes. But also keep in mind if your trailer brakes are working properly you shouldn't have a problem stopping. Good Luck. GBY....

caissiel

Ford says I can haul 23000 Lbs, The brakes on the truck are designed for better breaking, and the trailer brakes stop the trailer. The hitch weight is 15% to 20% of the total weight. I have towed my old trailer with a 3000 Lbs hitch weight for the 9 years with my old GM 2500, and that was with original shocks and springs. I never hit bottom and the combination drove like a caddy. This F250 has been reinforced by the previous owner with 2 additional ply of spring and it rides like a tank and I see the trailer hitch move in rough roads. I lowered the truck rear by 2 inches to match my old trailer and will set it up to the new BC before I drop the added leafs and go back to stock. I calculated the the front frame on the 5th has a flex build in of 1/2" so nothing on these rigs is rigid. Believe me I had to calculate the design because my old trailer had a build-in flaw that I had to reiforce to bring it back to spec. So for me its a rigid hitch and stock spring on the back. I like a truck that has a load and like to show it. In addition the lower the rear is the more clearance to the trailer the truck has for uneven roads, specialy with a long box.