new edge 18 owners

maryj

We just purchased the EDGE 18. Looking for some advice. What/ Where do recommend storing the inside table while traveling. Right now I bungy corded it to the couch. Any better ideas?

Redfish

We have the M21. It's table was stored under the bed when we got it from the dealer but we now have it wrapped in a blanket and stored behind the couch. It seems to do well there. Having fun yet?
Redfish

Larry77

We just got ours but so far have kept the table behind the couch...it seems to get scratches really easy so the blanket idea is a good one.

rumtot

My modifications

We got our edge (M18) back in March. Haven't spent much time in it but enough to discover a few issues. First the galley drawers. The tubs tend to tip and can fall out. I fixed this problem by adding a "U" channel that the tubs fit in. I just hot glued them to the existing "L" channel. Now they don't tip. (see pic). Cost of fix just a few dollars. A second issue was the door latch. I know the factory has changed the latch that keeps the door open. My solution was to remove the "L" catch and replace it with the ball and pin type. This holds the door full open and the window in the galley must be closed. For me a minor inconvenience compared to the old bracket. If anyone wants a picture of this let me know Scott.

Attachments

• CIMG2174.jpg
    CIMG2174.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 88
  • CIMG2173.jpg
    CIMG2173.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 84

kravchuck

Solution for M21 & (M18 ??)
Take 2 pieces of wood 1.5" X 1.5" X 6 to 8" and place in the holes in the floor. Put table on top. Slide will now close over table. If you cut the wood (1.5 X1.5") too small, just wrap duct tape around the wood until there is a snug fit. None
DO NOT JAM WOOD INTO OPENING AS YOU MAY DAMAGE RETAINING HOLE.:(
(the 6-8" can be any length as long as it miss the slide when you close it.):confused:
Take a cardboard box that is Approx. 3" X 5-7" X 5 - 8".
Cut 2 holes 2" X 2" on the 3" by 5" side. Holes should be about 1" apart.
Do the same on the opposite side matching up the openings.
Only cut the 2X2 hole on 3 sides. The 2X2 flap keeps the legs from excessive sliding.
Put legs into holes and place on floor out of way.None

rl7greg

Any chance you could post a picture or two of that Kravchuck? I think the M22 is different, but I'm curious to see what you've done.

CAB here are the pic's of the latch I installed. The only drawback is the galley window can't be open if the door is latched open. I mounted the latch in the middle of the door on the opening edge. Hope this helps Scott... CIMG2448.jpgCIMG2447.jpgCIMG2446.jpg

annirroc

Shelving Modifications

To maximize the use of space in our M18, we decided to put up an extra shelf in the cupboard above the sink, one just above the wheel well in the bottom cupboard, and another in the space above the wardrobe. (The shelves are 12" wide so there is still lots of room for our flat screen.)

We used sections of light weight metal closet shelving flipped upside down to keep things from falling off the edge. Installed the shelves by using wooden strips set in place with construction adhesive (vertical and horizontal) and mounted the shelving on top. Thinking of staining the wood strips with maple to match the interior.

top cupboard.jpg bottom cupboard.jpg behind TV.JPG
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/pencil.png

a1avet

Liv'in on the Edge with a Vue
Congrats on your M18. We just purchased a 2011 M18.
We pick it up tonight. Needed to have the hitch and wireing done on our 08 Vue. Can't wait.....
But now I have questions on storeing it over the winter.
You can nickel and dime yourself into a hole in a hurry if not carefull.
I just want to preserve our investment and reduce our up keep cost as much as possible. So please help me out here....
Do I need to cover the a/c unit and why?
Should I get wheel covers?
Should I get a full trailer cover and why?

Ok now for the inside....
What needs to be done other than removal of the water?
Do I need to do anything to keep mice or insects out?
If so, what do I need to do?

Please help don't want to have any issues come next season.

Cam & Ty
South West of Disorder
Liv'in on the Edge....

Last edited: