J.T. Strongarm and rear stabilizers

beardedone

Beardedone
Hello everyone. Well I bought the stabilizers last winter and (almost) completely installed them. The almost has to do with the rear trailer stabilizing jacks. Each landing pad has a brace on it going back up the cross member in order to provide strength from the triangle that it forms. When I followed the instructions from JT Strongarm there is no way it will work, because as the legs retract the JT Strongarm comes into contact with those braces and something would bend or break as the landing gear still has another 6 inches to go. Has anyone seen this and come up with a remedy?

jnbhobe

Beardedone; They will work if you use the spacer blocks on the rear in the center as they show. I am here at the rally and there is a lot of units with the rear done that way.There also are a few with the JT's going to the frame forward of the jack. Thats the way mine are done, they will go up all the way if you put the t-bolt pointed down. Just a thought of another way to do it.JON ;) ;) ;)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know what the problems is but here is a picture of the JT's on the rear of my trailer.. Hope this helps you...

From this picture you can see the JT on the far side and almost all of the JT on the near side. It is dark right now so if you need a better photo let me know and I will take one of a Landmark for more information..

BC

Attachments

• IMG_0233M.jpg
    IMG_0233M.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 174

beardedone

Beardedone
TXBobcat - Thanks for the photo I can see how your's work especially for front to rear stabilizing. I was trying to get the side to side stabilizing under control, however I may have to go with your idea and forget what the instructions say. Thanks.:)

TXBobcat

Fulltime
They told me that the side to side is provided by the jacks and the front to back is provided by the JT's..

Do you have the instructions and how to setup the JT's?? I did not get a manual (they were installed by Mor/Ryde) so I went to their web site and downloaded the manual for installation and setup..

BTW.. It has improved the stability of the trailer a considerable amount. I think you will like them..

BC

Tom of Ypsi

Gerry,

Bob is correct in stating that the jacks that are already on your coach is for side to side stability and the JT's provides the front to rear stability. When combined the movement is reduced tremendously. If installed correctly you should notice the difference immediately.

aatauses

I also installed our rear ones to the frame in front of the jacks----I did not see much advantage to installing them so close to the rear jacks so went towards the front with the stabilizers---not having any issues.
aatauses

linuxkidd

On my unit, I installed the back stabilizers toward the rear. When I measured in for the offset, I cut the plastic corrugated covering away from the area and drilled through the cross member to attach the stabilizers.

Here are some pics of my install:
http://pix.linuxkidd.com/v/landmark/jtstrongarm/

As you stated, my stabilizers do contact the brace bars of the rear jacks, but I just watch for that contact and stop retracting there. There really isn't a lot of travel remaining when they're snugged up.

Thanks,
LK