Anyone else with a 2010 3200re

DMAX154

We are getting ours in a week. Let me know how you like it.

Havent got to take itt out yet but so far i really like it.Love the room and the bathroom. My wife and i are going to Gatlinburg and Bristol in August for like 8 days with it I can't wait.. your going to love yours..

rkolls

3200re

We just picked up our Sundance yesterday and got it all loaded ready to take out for it's maiden voyage next weekend. We traded in our 2006 Durango 305RE which we are still a little weepy about. But we loved all the features on the Sundance. We also have a 4th of July holiday planned, and it will be so nice with all the ROOM. :D

D2Wilsn

3200 re

We had our 2010 Sundance 3200RE delivered yesterday. We absolutely love it! It tows beautifully. We have checked out everything on the trailer to make sure it works/nothing leaks, etc., and so far, so good. We spent our first evening with it having the neighbors over and sitting out under the awning, listening to music, drinking, and having a good time. We slept in it last night and with the memory foam on the mattress, we were so comfortable that DH wants to stay out there again tonight. I said no, there is no clock in there, and I need to wake up on time to go to work in the morning. We can't wait to use it over the 4th of July.

iowahog

I'll be a proud owner of a 2010 3200RE early next week. We just picked it out tonight!

Can't wait.... Any issues with any of yours yet?

jbhd

Hello all...
We picked ours up on July 31st:D Our Maiden Voyage is this week we'll be going to Blue Mesa in Gunnison ,CO a 4-5hr drive and around 250 miles.
We brought it home on Friday and on Saturday my wife and I started loading it up around 8AM and around 9AM we had many of our neighbors stop by. We spent 3 hours entertaining :eek: and next thing we new, it was noon:confused: WOW:rolleyes:. They all loved it.

So this is my first 5th wheel, I had a 2003 Fleetwood 24' prowler lite and towed it with my 2002 Avalanche. This will be our first trip towing this with the 2008, Durmax-Turbo 3500 dually Silverado. Yea baby :p

My wife and I new we wanted a Heartland but we were not sure which one:confused::confused::confused:. Thus the reason for a 3500 Dually. We started at the Cyclone's, then the Landmark's, then the Bighorn's. Then one day I saw these mid-profiles and i said to myself "Hmmm what's a mid-profile?"
After I researched them I was interested in the 2900MK then my wife noticed the 3200RE and how large the living area was:rolleyes:.

So the dealer that used to carry Heartland products KC-RV no longer was a heartland dealer:eek: WHAT :eek:. So the closest dealer was in Colorado Springs... about 120 miles from us. At that time we only wanted to see them we were not going to buy until 2010. Yea RIGHT:p.

So a week or so passes and I get back onto the Heartland site and did a check to see if a dealer closer then CO Springs was available, sure enough RVAmerica (which we've have visited many times) would be carrying the Sundance line. So I called and asked if they had any SD's in and they said in a week or so. Well we were going on our yearly WorkCation up at Estes Park. WorkCation... that's were we go camping for a week and a half and go to work during the day. By doing this were both actually 10 miles closer to our employer... SWEETNone
So the SD's finally came in (a week later than the dealer told us) and we were still Workcationing, went down on a Saturday with no intention of buying. Once we say the 3200RE we new this was the one. Plus do to the fact we were the 3rd prospect buyers to walk through made me a happy camper :p knowing that it was not sitting on the lot for a loooong
time and getting trampled through.

So one question to you all. How do you winterize these coaches? I have not had enough time investigating myself as the RV is not stored at my home. I did notice yesterday as I was having the storage doors on the SD re-keyed that on the docking station there was something about the 3 bypass values on the water heater behind a panel:confused: and then the other 2 values (not sure where) to bypass the fresh water tank and a hose to siphon in the RV-antifreeze. Any help on this would be great.

So I'll post back after our maiden voyage at Blue Mesa and give you all an update.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
As to your question of winterize this is what you should find..... open the side cargo access door,remove the panel near your water pump and look for a 6' hose loose on one end and connected to the pump on the other. That hose is connected to the suction of the water pump supply and will be valved off under normal use. Stick that hose in a 5 gal. bucket of anti-freeze then open the valve and start the pump to transfer the fluid through the system.
You will love the Sundance as it a good value for the money and it's lighter weight pulls great.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
As to your question of winterize this is what you should find..... open the side cargo access door,remove the panel near your water pump and look for a 6' hose loose on one end and connected to the pump on the other. That hose is connected to the suction of the water pump supply and will be valved off under normal use. Stick that hose in a 5 gal. bucket of anti-freeze then open the valve and start the pump to transfer the fluid through the system.
You will love the Sundance as it a good value for the money and it's lighter weight pulls great.

Make sure it is RV anti-freeze and not anti-freeze for radiators.

jbhd

So westxsrt10 when you say "open the side cargo access door,remove the panel near your water pump" Where is this panel? Is it just behind the Docking station? At this point I don't know where the water pump is located yet. I meant to find it when I had it at home but I was busy loading it up with the normal load from my Prowler.

As far as winterizing it I do know the procedure as I've done this on my prowler for 7 years. In fact I had to add the water heater bypass value and the RV-Antifreeze siphon hose and value on the prowler.
I just want to know where is the water heater bypass values and the 6" hose to siphon in the RV-Antifreeze.

Thanks to all you comments and help.

john
Boy

brunsje

We have a 3200RE....we love it! We love the huge REAR window, and the large side windows! Oh did I say Huge rear window! We did not want the TV so we asked that in its place they install a window instead of the entertainment center with the two small windows! They gladly honored our request and even the factory rep really liked how it turned out!

iowahog

We became proud owners of the 3200RE today!!! Never pulled a fifth wheel before and boy do they pull nicely. This thing is a dream to pull, but I couldn't believe some of these dealers are telling people they can pull a 2900MK w/ a 1/2 ton pickup. Are they out of their minds?

Can't wait to take this girl out and put some miles on her. Heck, maybe we'll go somewhere this weekend..

Anyone have any tips or things to look for on this certain model?

Happy camping!!!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
So westxsrt10 when you say "open the side cargo access door,remove the panel near your water pump" Where is this panel? Is it just behind the Docking station? At this point I don't know where the water pump is located yet. I meant to find it when I had it at home but I was busy loading it up with the normal load from my Prowler.

As far as winterizing it I do know the procedure as I've done this on my prowler for 7 years. In fact I had to add the water heater bypass value and the RV-Antifreeze siphon hose and value on the prowler.
I just want to know where is the water heater bypass values and the 6" hose to siphon in the RV-Antifreeze.

Thanks to all you comments and help.

john
Boy

My pump is behind the docking station, there's a black panel cover facing the front of the unit that needs to be removed (aprox. 4 screws).

jbhd

Thanks westxsrt10... I'm sure I'll be able to find it now. Also now that I'm in the RV on it's maiden voyage I also see where the bypass values are for the water heater.

Thanks again
John
Boy

D2Wilsn

3200 re

We have had our 2010 - 3200 RE now for 2 months and have camped in it every weekend except for 2, plus have taken it to the Oregon Coast for 10 days. We couldn't be happier with it! It tows like a dream. The only thing difficult is giving it its weekly baths after coming home from camping trips and getting those pesky bugs off. :rolleyes: This weekend we are heading to Ocean Shores on the Washington coast, and a goodly amount of showers are expected so we will see how well we do staying dry. It's good to hear everyone else seems happy with their 3200 RE.

jbhd

So reporting back after our maiden voyage to Blue Mess at Gunnison, CO. around 280 miles from home.

All-in-All the Sundance is an excellent 5er None. We had minor issues that I fixed at the camp site.

1. #1 warranty work: As I was driving up I-70 about 80 miles into the trip my wife and I saw something flapping in the breeze at the back of the passenger side. It looked like a tail wagging in the wind. It turned out to be a weather stripping on the top of the slide. Long story short... we had to stop twice, the 2nd time it started to slide out again as I noticed when I stopped to get gas. got the old duct tape to hold in place. Once we got to our site I notice that the stripping was not installed correctly so I took it completely off and put it back in the track correctly then used RV Goop (from WalMart) and it held all the way home.
  2. The ceiling Fan, 2 blades were loose and 2 screws missing. I ended up taking the metal box that sits between the blades and the globe down, By doing this I found the 2 screws, for the fan blades, 1 metal clip and the bolt and nut to hold this clip in place for the globe of the light. So now that I could access everything I was able to crank down all the screws on the Fan blades. Half of them were pretty lose. Seeing this is my 1st RV with a ceiling fan I figured the blades probably are bouncing pretty good while on the road. So I put 2 construction garbage bags between the blades and the ceiling on my journey home and from my observation the blades did not move. Oh yea... during this ordeal I became good friends with Jameson and ginger-ale. Oh :Dreal good friends. Hey, got the fan fixed.
  3. #2 warranty work: Electric Awning. Awning has a intermitting issue of not working.
    On Saturday (8/1) I extended it and it extended 3” or so and stopped. I then tried to retracted and nothing. I checked the fuses and none were lit. So I tried to retracted the awning through out the day with no luck. Sunday 8/2 (2 days after delivery of the Sundance) I tried retracing it and it worked. So I then extended it half way, retracted it a bit then extended it fully. I then fully retracted it, when I tried to extend it again it would not work. So it's not a fuse, battery issue it seems more like a switch or motor issue,
  4. #3 warranty work: Passenger (right-side) Snap jack pin does not line up with second hole. I have to loosen up the bolts for it to snap in correctly.
  5. #4 warranty work: shower hose cracked at the shower head and at the facet. It seems like someone at the factory was over zealous with a wrench as these are suppose to be hand tighten. I had to pick up a new hose at ACE so I ended up picking up a new shower head which included a 6' hose.
  6. #5 warranty work: Board by the outside of the Pantry is bowing out.

Like I said the Sundance 3200RE is an excellent 5th wheel. These problems are minor just like buying a new house or vehicle, issues arise fact of life. I just spent this past weekend 9/11 – 9/13 applying ProtectAll on the roof and on the entire 5'er including all weather strips inside and out. I did replace that PITA:eek: 30Amp fuse on the landing gear for a 30Amp circuit breaker type 1(auto reset)
I blew the fuse twice. 1st time I extended it to far and the 2nd time not sure when that occurred. When I retracted it?:confused: I stopped as soon (I thought) as I heard it click once or twice. But anyway no more fuse to worry about.:p

Heartland people, this landing gear issue seems to be a big problem as I see this issue mention many times on the forums. It seems like a more powerful motor is needed or a 40 Amp fuse is needed.

Air Conditioner I have seen many post regarding not enough blower power / air circulation. I have not had a chance to deploy the Tent-in-a-Vent principal as I really did not see the need for it even though the day time highs were in the mid to high 90s for 3 or 4 days with plenty of sun. I did however block the vent in the bathroom as it was an ice box in there. I just took the vent off and put foil in the vent to keep the air flowing to the bedroom. This did make an improvement in the bedroom. I will look into doing the tent idea later this year.

We'll be going to Estes park in a week or so for 8 days. We do a thing called WorkCation where we camp at a site for 7-10 days and go to work during the day and come back to enjoy the views at Estes Park.

So all-in-all, very happyNone with our Sundance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Regarding your awning, there is a thermal switch in the motor and it will trip. Perhaps your thermal switch is defective. Ours does that also but most of the time it works great. Right now it is working now.

Tom_Diane

We've had ours about a month now and are enjoying it. The only issues I've had so far with it is a loose wire on the landing gear, the fresh water hose had a little bow in it and will be fixed under warranty and was told that they have had a few that came back for that fix and is easy to fix by taking the insulation loose from underneath. The biggest issue I have is I got a 2010 model that was on the lot and we found a tear on the back cushion of the couch the day after we had it. I assume its from folks looking and curious as to how it opens to the bed and pulling directly on the cushion. I do have the same problem with the ceiling fan but a drop of locktite on the threads will cure that. We've had tt in the past and this is our first 5er and also our first new unit so we in heaven with the way it pulls.