Satellite hookups

nemo45

We picked up our new 2009 Big Horn 3600RE on wed. 6-10-09. After spending 2-1/2 days transfering stuff from our old Open Road to the Big Horn (we're full-timers) I'm now ready to tackle the important stuff, like dish network. Can anyone tell me why there are 4 satellite inlets in the docking station? I believe there are 2 per TV and I think they are seperate circuits. I'm thinking, its so you can use a jumper from one circuit to the other if you have 2 receivers. We have dish networks 2 TV receiver with the Digital Recorder. I have to use the cable/ antenna circuit to send the dish signal back to the bedroom tv. Of course the systems interfear with each other, so I have to shut off the antenna boost to watch dish in the bedroom and shut of the dish receiver to watch an overt the air signal. But, it works. And you can watch different dish programing on both tv's. Is there a different way to accomplish this?

nemo45

DMitch, that schematic does not depict how the satellite hookups are now. There are two satellite connections for each tv in the docking station, four all together. I didn't realize it but there is a diagram on the door of the docking station with the information I need. I guess I've got it hooked up the only way it can be with the satellite system I have.

2010augusta

Don, the Four sat hook ups in the UDC are really two pairs. Two are incoming lines from your roof pre-prep area, and two are the feed lines, one to the ent center and one to the bed room. refer to the diagram on the door for your exact wiring setup. if you are useing a tripod you will only have to use the feed lines. If you have installed a dish on the roof, then you need to use jumpers to connect the feed lines to the other two coming from the roof.