under belly

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I remember seeing a part of a thread where someone had waterproofed the bellypan on their rig. Now that I have my pan off I can't find it.

I dont need to waterproof mine, but I would like to replace the corrugated plastic pan with something a little bit easier to remove and replace if need be.

The only thing I can think of is a 1/8" FRP panel or a straight fiberglass panel but dont want to add that much weight (about 20lbs per panel).

Anyone do this or have some ideas?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
That was it. Thank you.
Did you ever consider changing the original belly pan? If so what products did you look at?
I hope you get your water problem solved. You have spent alot of effort in doing so. Would love to hear the final "fix".

Last edited:

kkamshop

We are still working on the problem. We were at the big owners rally in Goshen and spoke to several Heartland service people. No one is sure where the water is coming in, but we will be taking the unit back up there for service again soon.

Heartland is determined to find and fix the problem and we may do what Ricky did in wrapping the insulation in plastic and stapling that to the floor.
They plan to replace the black corrugated plastic with new because ours is sagging and a bit stretched from the weight of the water and from dropping and refastening it twice.