fresh water connection

Just back from first trip with 2800rls. turned on the pump and with no hose connected to the rv water was flowing out the connection. found parts laying on ground. inside the connector is a spring loaded stop to prevent this happening. had to remove connector and put those parts back togeather. it held so far but might carry a replacement just in case.
also it flooded the storage compartment dryed it out as well as we could hope it dosent rot plywood,:confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jack, did the tube come off of the back side of fresh water inlet? You might be better off just replacing the fresh water inlet connection to play it safe.

fresh water

No ray the inside parts blew out a rubber seal,plastic seal and spring that are inside the connection to seal while using the holding tank and pump.
I turned on the pump and heard water gushing out the freah water hose connection. like i said it flooded the storage compartment. dryed it out as best we could hope it dosent rot the wood. you are right i will replace the connector.

Pulltab

Yep, that is the check valve, it seems to me there is a little clip that holds it all in. If you cant find the clip or it wont stay in buy a new connector.

check valve

talked to service man he says the check valve will blow out sometimes? no pin to hold it in new one wont help it will do the same. just dont lose any parts when it blows. willl buy a plug to use on the fresh water connection just in case.

SmokeyBare

A good way to prevent the check valve from "Popping Out" is with a plug threaded into the fitting.

Marv