Washer dryer combo installation

porthole

Retired
Last week I ordered a new 3010 with the washer dryer combo.

When installed at the factory, is it "vented" to the outside. I thought I saw a unit installed with what looked like a normal residential style dryer discharge.

But after looking at so many trailers and 3 different factory tours I don't recall.

Mike Aplin

Washer/Dryer Vent

You are correct that if the factory installs the W/D in your coach, the vent will be on the doorside sidewall. Thank you, Mike

kjazz

We just got our 3950 with the washer/dryer combo...it is vented to the outside from the factory. We have used it a couple of times already and it works great. Can't do big loads...but with two 3 year olds in the RV it comes in handy!;)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Check out JohnDar's post here: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=10372

He had a vent added on the side of his BigHorn.

trvlrerik

We had to turn off a lot of things or the generator cuts down, we were able to run the front bedroom a/c, bedroom tv and washer/dryer at the same time. If the refridgerator came on it would cut down the generator. It seems the dryer uses up more amps. I hope this helps.

Yianni

Does anyone know how much water is used when the washer runs a cycle?
Trying to decide if it's a worthwhile option since we dry camp. We go for a week to 2 weeks at a time so it sure would be nice to have a washer/dryer if it was water efficient.
Thanks!

caissiel

The answer for the Generator is to use the Solar Dryer instead, the washer hardly use any power on the wash cycle because it rotates slowly. but the spinning might be the power user. We leave extra clothes in the rig and it dries in no time. Get the Splendide its the only W/D that rotates 1200RPM, sure cuts on the drying.
It uses 7.5Gal to 15Gals per cycle, ventless uses additional 2.5Gals. They can wash 15Lbs and Dry 11Lbs.