Log-in

ct0218

Tonight, after I read any particular thread and hit the back key, I had to log-in again. I read 8 threads, and logged in 8 times. If I don't log-in I can't tell which threads have new posts otherwise. Anyone else have this problem, or is it just my computer playing games with me?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't have that problem either. Something you might try, it may not fix the problem but you should not have to log back in.

When you log in, click on Active topics and select one of the options on the drop down list. You will get a list of threads.

When you want to open a thread try either of two things. Hold the Shift key down then click on the thread you want to read. This will open the thread into a new window.

You can do the same thing by right clicking on the thread and selecting Open in new Window.

When you close the thread you select another without using Back to see new threads..

Hope this helps.
BC

mjames19

Clark,

I had the same issue that evening. It only lasted for a brief time. I logged out and logged back in a while later and everything was working fine again.

linuxkidd

One other thing to note... If you log in, then see a thread.. and click 'back', your browser may be taking you back to the Login page instead of the thread list you're expecting.

When you use the back button, your browser uses it's locally cached copy of the data on the previous page. So, even if the previous page was the thread list, it won't be updated with newly posted data, nor will it update to show the thread that you've just viewed as 'read'.

To get around this, always use the 'Active Topics' or 'New Posts' links as appropriate to see the freshest data available.

LK

ct0218

It is working fine tonight...not a problem. Thanks for the advice, I'll start using the suggestions. Last night was really frustrating.