New to the forum and looking to buy a cyclone toy hauler

Hey everyone, I just joined the forum in hopes to help get a decision on a toy hauler purchase. My wife and I are looking at a Cyclone 3850/3950. She absolutely loves the interior and of course i like the size and the garage in the back for the atv's.

Currently we live in PA and we are looking to buy a toy hauler and live in it while I work in Baltimore for a few years. Rent for an apartment in MD is ridiculous and you don't have any space. Plus, why not put the money into something (ie. toy hauler :D) then blowing it on an apartment??

Has anyone experienced living in one of these for extended periods of time? I do realize after awhile we are thinking it might get old...but I would love any input you all have.

Also, if anyone has any input on this toy hauler, or a better one please let us know.

Thanks,
Bill

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the Owners Family. We have a great bunch of people here and they have loads of information.

I'm sure you will get lots of response to your question from the Cyclone owners.

One of our members, htneighbors, just spent the winter in Wyoming, so I feel sure he can give you some insight to living in a Cyclone in the winter.

Jim M

Jim,

Thanks for the response and warming welcome to the forum.

From reading a few posts there is a wealth of information on here and I'm sure I will learn a lot.

Thanks for the info on one of your members, hopefully i can get some info from him.

Bill

bigredtruck

We have a Cyclone and love it, however, do not full time. We have 'camped' in the winter in Washington and we quite comfortable, although I don't know how much propane we used. We have insulated the bottom with styrofoam and it works quite well. as well, we have plumbed the furnace into the garage as we use it for a bedroom. Not sure how easy it would be to do that in those models (our furnace is right next to the garage).
This website is a wealth of information and you can't beat the people. A Heartland is a good choice.

truknutt

Committed Member
Welcome to the forum. Hurry up and get that Cyclone ordered...we need another one in PA! We have the "Baby Cyclone" and love it although we don't full time. As Jimtoo already said, HTNeighbors has a 3950 and is full timing in Wyoming. Search for his "handle" and then his postings and you will see great pictures of his Cyclone under the snow!! Read enough of his postings and I think you'll see that he LOVES HIS CYCLONE!

Have a gander at the new Heartland Road Warriors, too. I just saw a couple at the factory in Elkhart that were VERY nice!!

Check out our PA Chapter section. We are rallying in August at the Twin Grove KOA in Pine Grove PA (near the I-81/I-78 split).

We have a Cyclone and love it, however, do not full time. We have 'camped' in the winter in Washington and we quite comfortable, although I don't know how much propane we used. We have insulated the bottom with styrofoam and it works quite well. as well, we have plumbed the furnace into the garage as we use it for a bedroom. Not sure how easy it would be to do that in those models (our furnace is right next to the garage).
This website is a wealth of information and you can't beat the people. A Heartland is a good choice.

Big red, thanks for the tips. I posted under "FULLTIMERS" a few questions and a few people suggested a few posts for fulltiming in the winter.

Thanks for the help though. The styrofoam sheets seem to be a big hit on here.

Welcome to the forum. Hurry up and get that Cyclone ordered...we need another one in PA! We have the "Baby Cyclone" and love it although we don't full time. As Jimtoo already said, HTNeighbors has a 3950 and is full timing in Wyoming. Search for his "handle" and then his postings and you will see great pictures of his Cyclone under the snow!! Read enough of his postings and I think you'll see that he LOVES HIS CYCLONE!

Have a gander at the new Heartland Road Warriors, too. I just saw a couple at the factory in Elkhart that were VERY nice!!

Check out our PA Chapter section. We are rallying in August at the Twin Grove KOA in Pine Grove PA (near the I-81/I-78 split).

truknutt, thanks for the welcome. We've been looking at the Cyclone for quite some time now and are definitely interested. We are just trying to find the big differences between the 3850 & 3950 models.

I messages HTNeighbors and he already got back to me about his Cyclone and boy he loves that thing from the sounds of it. So it sounds like people like the Cyclone...which is a good thing.

If we happen to get the Cyclone by the Rally we will definitely try to make it to the event. Thank you for the invite.

Bill

dieselsweetheart

hey there truknutt...I sent 94 a PM and told him about our rally and that you would be there with your Cyclone and to come and see it...chat with us about becoming a Heartland owner.... I was waiting, I knew you would answer him! Hope you had a good trip back...did you stop overnight or drive straight through?

truknutt

Committed Member
hey there truknutt...I sent 94 a PM and told him about our rally and that you would be there with your Cyclone and to come and see it...chat with us about becoming a Heartland owner.... I was waiting, I knew you would answer him! Hope you had a good trip back...did you stop overnight or drive straight through?

We had a very uneventful trip home. We convoyed with Retired CPO & Chickie to the I-80/I-76 split then finished it solo. I think we finally left Goshen around 12:30 or so and pulled into the home driveway around 11:15. Long day to say the least. Momma wanted to spend time with her sister so I pressed on. (That's another one for my atta boy tally!)

Mowed the hay field we usually call a yard on Monday and today it has rained non-stop so I anticipate mowing again very soon. I used to enjoy the task!!!

Hope your return trip was pleasant and safe. We'll chat later.

P.S. Tell bossman that I found that PennDot form to correct the GVW for the truck. Now the bureaucratic "fun" begins.

Bill,
Congratulations on getting as far as 3950 or 3850. It took us two years to finally make the decision. We purchased a 3850 this spring and couldn't be happier. I must credit Mike Aplin from Heartland for his patience in answering all of my endless questions. His excitement for the product, and customer service closed the deal on the Cyclone. Just don't call it a toy hauler to Mike, it is a "Multi-Lifestyle Vehicle." I would be glad to answer any questions you have that I am able to. Good shopping.

TNT

Bill,

We lived in our Cyclone recently for 6 weeks in a KOA waiting for our house to be finished. We loved it and know we can live in it for longer periods once retired. Our weather in Albuquerque is fairly mild, not a lot of snow, but the winds can kick through. If living in it during winter, I would insulate the bottom better like indicated above. Having the toy hauler was the perfect choice. The garage came in handy several times.

Good luck,
Tom