BH 3670--can't find 12 volt plug in or low points

aatauses

Hi everyone---We have a 2010 BH 3670 and I am having a problem locating two items---a 12 volt plug in & the low point drains. The only drain I find is for the fresh water tank and the manual shows a picture for a 12 volt plug in but does not explain it's location.
Thanks---
aatauses

Niles

I think they did away with the low point drains, too many issues of freezing. And I also think Heartland quit putting in the 12 volt sockets, not sure why we have one over the desk in the slide out, just under the TV, (television), if you have a light over the desk it won't take too much to put one there. I'm going to add one in the basement area, got a new Fantastic Fan to plug in.:)

skyguy

Nope to both.

I installed a 12 volt outlet (female cigarette lighter plug) just under the counter, up above the 12 volt fuse box. This allowed me to very easily use a new connection from the fuse box.

1. Disconnect shore power and battery.
2. Remove fuse box from wall
3. Attach ground, and hot wire to new fuse location.
4. Add 15 AMP fuse
5. Run wires to new 12 volt outlet. Had to drill hole to mount outlet, and one hole in shelf to pass wires through from outlet to fuse box.

We primarily use the outlet to charge stuff - phones, computers, etc.

I'd show photos, but someone stole my camera about a month ago.:eek:

I'm waiting on the new Pentax K7 to come out in July:cool:

Al S.

djg57

I don't have a 12 volt receptacle in my 09 Bighorn 5th wheel either. I bought a receptacle at camping world to install. If I put one near a battery operated light fixture, how do I find out which is hot, and which is ground? To use a test light, I would need to connect the alligator clip to ground wouldn't I? I know it's not that complicated, but I need a little advice.
Thanks, djg57

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
They no longer install either the low point drains or a 12 volt plug in the new units. I think the last year they did this was in the 08' models.

boatdoc

I don't have a 12 volt receptacle in my 09 Bighorn 5th wheel either. I bought a receptacle at camping world to install. If I put one near a battery operated light fixture, how do I find out which is hot, and which is ground? To use a test light, I would need to connect the alligator clip to ground wouldn't I? I know it's not that complicated, but I need a little advice.
Thanks, djg57
Most of the 12VDC light fixtures have black and white leads on them. The black is hot and the white is ground. just pull a fixture down enough to see the wire nuts and you should be able to tell.

djg57

Thanks boatdoc. I did pull one of the 12vdc light fixtures down and saw that. It's kind of strange how they make black the hot wire in RVs. I guess I just wanted to know how to test it to make sure. The one fixture I pulled down had a white with purple stripe on it. So then, I should be able to just pigtail my wires from those wire nuts to my receptacle. Is that correct? Would there be any need for an inline fuse. I'm not running large load demand. Mostly recharching cell phone, pda, etc.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Just for the sake of discussion. I would not use a "cigar liter" type of receptical. Use the type for the cell phone from a car. The latter can cause fuses to blow if the plug is removed wrong from them. I have used the GM type and they will work with just about anything. My 2cts Bob:D