Closet light

busted2341

Scott,

Can you tell me what would cause the B/R closet light on my 3055 not to work? It worked during the limited PDI but not since. All fuzes are ok and the bulbs are good. I don't know why it won't turn on at the switch and I can't find anything electrical that has caused it not to work at all. Any info or direction would be appreciated, I don't want to pull it 70 miles just for that...

jpmorgan37

Ok, I'll ask a dumb question. Did you remove the bulb and check for 12V DC at the socket with the switch on? Sometimes a bulb looks good but isn't.

Scott

Another thing to check would be the wiring connection behind the light. Sometimes, those have been known to come loose from the bustling of travel. Just a thought.

ST

jbeletti

Good work busted2341. Has to be a bad bulb or a bad switch. If the trailer is handy, perhaps you can try another bulb from one of the lights in the trailer basement or docking center if they're the same.

To save the 140 mile round-trip (maybe twice) to a dealer, if you want to tackle it, perhaps the factory would send you a replacement fixture for you to swap out. Certainly not your responsibility to tackle a warranty item - but could save a lot of time/miles/hassle.

Best of luck,

Jim

busted2341

.....I will bet my salary that it is something simple....and other than the same problem with the strap on the bottom of the slide that people have talked about holding the wires broken at the hinge, that is a long trip just for those items. By the way I remember the hinge problem earlier and have looked for it on this site, can't find it...do u remember the temp fix or have you heard about it from Lipert on the fix....thanx