Hydraulic slide/L. gear back up system

beardedone

Beardedone
I like to live dangerously I guess because I have not found out how to retract or extend any of the hydraulically assisted systems on our Landmark. I meant to ask but it took a year! Anyway, I saw where someone said there was an existing system to use a drill to operate the pump if something fails. Can anyone advise if this is so, what circumstances allow you to use it and how is it done. :eek:

SmokeyBare

You should be able to see a hex shaft on the end of the Hydraulic motor... I believe it's covered with some sort of seal.... maybe a stick on type. You can use a drill motor with the correct size hex bit.... ( Note I'm not at the RV to give correct info )

One other item a Lippert service tech said goes bad.... is the solenoid switch... this switch makes the motor reversible.

His comment was if the slide rooms come out... but will not move back in... Either way in fact... Switching two wires... allows the solenoid to work backwards and should allow the slides to work. He also suggested to give the solenoid a little rap with the handle of a screwdriver... sometimes it just gets stuck !

Hope this helps...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You will need a 1/4" hex drive fitting on the end of a 10" extension in order to reach the socket under the sticker on the motor, using a cordless drill. At least on the BH3670 you do because there isn't enough room in the hydraulic compartment to get the drill in position. They have provided an access hole through the basement wall for this purpose.

If at first you don't see the sticker, get a mirror and flashlight. Mine was so smudged over I thought I didn't have one. Wiped it off and then could see the info on it.