Water pressure

morganm12

George
Does the 05 Grand Canyon Landmark come with a built in water pressure regulator or is that a check valve in the city water connection? My water pressure is so low that I'm tempted to take my water regulator off the outside water connection. I don't want to create a leak if the system can't handle the additional pressure. Currently it's necessary to turn on my pump to get enough flow to flush, shower, or wash dishes.

Tom of Ypsi

I do not believe the Landmarks have there own water pressure regulator. You might want to check your regulator. While on vacation the past couple of weeks I had my regulator hooked up and working fine when the wife asked me why I shut the water off. Checking the regulator I found that I was getting no flow through it at all. Could not and still can't figure out why but I still have the receipt from Camping World so back it will go. .

jpmorgan37

My 06 Grand Canyon doesn't have a built in regulator. I use and external regulator that is set at 45 psi and have sufficient water pressure. I have had it hooked up with no regulator and the line pressure was 65 psi. My bride loved the shower then. I didn't leave that for long though. If you buy one, get the brass model. The plastic ones go bad pretty quick from what I've seen and the steel one are really tempermental in cold weather, so I've been told.

Tom of Ypsi

Just an added note to say I have the brass water regulator (Made in China) and it just plain quit after 3 or 4 days. My brother had a plastic and rubber one and it leaked so bad he had little water pressure. I agree that without the regulator the water pressure is nice but I am afraid of blowing one of the lines. When I rehooked my water I noticed the added pressure in the coach so I went to the faucet I was hooked up to and turned the handle to cut the flow to be on the safe side.

morganm12

George
Thanks for the responses. I think I knew the answer to my question before I asked but I considered it a possibilty. I have three or four brass regulators, one new.

BigBlue

BigBlue
I have a question about pressure regulators. Can they fail in a manner that lets the high pressure through to your trailer or do they only fail by cutting off the flow?

jpmorgan37

I've never heard of one failing to let high pressure through, but that being said, I'll not say it's impossible. There is a fair amount of restriction in them which should limit the flow through due to resistance but with no flow, the pressure could build up to whatever the supply pressure is.

John

ct0218

Several years ago I bought a home-type pressure regulator from H Depot or Lowes for about $30 or $35. Also bought garden hose adapters and plumbed it to a four foot section of hose from the CG faucet to the regulator, then a quick connect fitting to the 25 foot hose to the fifth wheel. I would have done a permanent mount for the regulator in the docking station, but there was no room with my whole house filter mounted in there. The house type regulator is adjustable, factory set at about 45 or 50 psi, and does a great job. The cheapies from CW or wherever for $6-$12 just aren't reliable nor accurate. I have a pressure gauge and I've seen new ones range from 25 psi up to about 55 psi, and after some use who knows what it would be.