Water pressure regulator ???

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
Does the Bighorn have a built in water pressure regulator ? :confused:

Thanks

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I installed a household pressure regulator just behind the city water inlet. I then bought a food grade high pressure hose from a hose supply company. the regular rv hose will not take the high pressure found at some RV parks

boatdoc

Hi Teresa, Look for a Watts N55BU or similar in 3/4'". This style will regulate and not cut down flow as the small RV ones do. They're easy to plumb in wherever you may want it.
Boatdoc

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Here is a suggestion about a regulator, water hose, filters and conditioners. RV Water Filter Store

Regulators The Regulator I use is the Watts Adjustable 263A Regulator,
2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 4-4.5 gpm. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/images/Watts263AwGauge.jpg

Water Hoses
The water hose is good up to 200 psi. You can get brass or stainless steel fittings. The water hose does not kink. You can order it in any length.
I bought these water hoses. 36ft hose, 15ft, 2-3ft. The 36 foot will be long enough to reach most faucets. It seems that a 25ft is just a little to short for some. The 15ft is an extra hose but just in case I get a site where I have to connect to a faucet all the way over to another site.One 3 foot is used to connect from the UDC to the water filters. The second 3 foot is to connect to the water faucet. I found a couple of campgrounds that had the water faucet in a place I can not put the regulator or a Y connector on, but if I have the 3 foot hose I can bring the connection to a place I can hook my water regulator.

I had 2 water filter jugs break on me and flood the basement of the trailer. It is also a lot easier to winterize the trailer if the filter is not built-in. Water filters I got to a Lowe's. Westinghouse with clear jugs. I connected them togeather and put a white 20 micron filter then a charcoal 5 micron in that order from the shore post.

I would also use their 90* quick disconnect in the UDC and cheap quick disconnects from Wal-Mart.

FWIW
BC

Tom of Ypsi

You can get the Watts water pressure regulator at Lowes and not have to wait for the mail. The hoses from the water filter store are the best, a little pricey but worth the money.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I agree with Tom. You can get a Watts Water pressure regulator at Lowes but you will have to get the parts to go on it for using a water hose and it may be cheaper, not sure about that.

If you order the water hose you can get the regulator at the same time. The water hoses are 1/2" and they are excellent. You may never have to buy another hose.

BC