Replacing the 7way towing power cable

In a 3300BHS [08] and the owners manual does not show the wires I see in the electric box located up in the King pin housing...[The reason I'm replacing it? I did a rookie move, and darn near pulled the cable out of the box when it got caught on something in the bed, THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN]

If someone could go out and open their electrical box up, take a pic or write it down "I'm praying you have the same colors as me" and send it to me would be great, we leave for a 900m trip on friday and need this asap please. BTW this would of great service to your self to do this anyway and WRITE it down in your owners manual for future use.

In my electric box there are...[these are from the trailer wiring and not the 7way replacement cable] {the owners manual does not spicify what some of these wires are connected to}
  • 1)3 white's
  • 2)Green w/ white stripe
  • 3)Light blue
  • 4)Black
  • 5)Red/black [this is a 50-50split on color]
  • 6)Red 6ga
  • 7)Orange w/black stripe [or could be 50-50]
  • 8)Blue
The wiring diagram for a 7way shows the yellow as capped off...so this leaves me with 2 extra wires to deal with....I sent a request to heartland a bit ago but I need help with this asap, so covering all bases.

Drew

truknutt

Committed Member
In a 3300BHS [08] and the owners manual does not show the wires I see in the electric box located up in the King pin housing...[The reason I'm replacing it? I did a rookie move, and darn near pulled the cable out of the box when it got caught on something in the bed, THAT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN]

If someone could go out and open their electrical box up, take a pic or write it down "I'm praying you have the same colors as me" and send it to me would be great, we leave for a 900m trip on friday and need this asap please. BTW this would of great service to your self to do this anyway and WRITE it down in your owners manual for future use.

In my electric box there are...[these are from the trailer wiring and not the 7way replacement cable] {the owners manual does not spicify what some of these wires are connected to}
  • 1)3 white's
  • 2)Green w/ white stripe
  • 3)Light blue
  • 4)Black
  • 5)Red/black [this is a 50-50split on color]
  • 6)Red 6ga
  • 7)Orange w/black stripe [or could be 50-50]
  • 8)Blue
The wiring diagram for a 7way shows the yellow as capped off...so this leaves me with 2 extra wires to deal with....I sent a request to heartland a bit ago but I need help with this asap, so covering all bases.

Drew

Drew,

I have a Cyclone but should be the same(?)

See the attached excel sheet. A photo wouldn't work 'cause it's such a rat's nest.

One of your trailer "blues" and the Orange/Black are for the breakaway switch.

Here is a reference link to RV Basics for diagrams.

Dave

Attachments

• Cyclone Wiring.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 62
Dave

Your info was "spot on" I would NEVER had thought that the blue was capped off.

turned the ingnition on and wow it says i have a trailer again lol

thanks again and safe driving to you and yours

Drew

santafedave

Santafedave
Why I love this site

The following posts are the reason that I love this forum. The gentleman above was in "Dire Straits" and sent out a distress and was answered almost immediately by a knowledgeable forum member with the answer that he needed. Couldn't do this without the internet imagine 10 years ago and waiting for a call back from the dealer or the manufacturer! Great job. D.

truknutt

Committed Member
Your info was "spot on" I would NEVER had thought that the blue was capped off.

turned the ingnition on and wow it says i have a trailer again lol

thanks again and safe driving to you and yours

Drew

Glad it worked for you now you can enjoy your trip! I have no idea what the one capped off blue wire is...all I did was write down what I saw! :rolleyes:

Dave G.