Towing Augusta with 2007 Dodge 3500

smedley

We are considering buying an Augusta model. We have a 2007 Dodge 3500 single wheel 6.7 litre Cummins. Does anyone tow the same type of rig with this truck?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Smedley,
I don't have one myself but I saw several Dodge trucks pulling Landmarks at the rally in Goshen. I'm sure that one of the owners will soon chime in here.

Delaine and Lindy

There shouldn't be a problem with towing the Landmark Augusta with the Dodge Cummins. We pulled our Landmark Augusta with our Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax/Allison. But you will not know for sure yur weights until you load her and put them on a platform scale (Cat Scales) at most Truck Stops. Good Luck. GBY....

ralphpam

We tow a Bighorn 3670RL which is the same layout as the Augusta with a Dodge 3500 drw. We checked our weights and we have a 3300 pin weight. We do have a combo washerdryer which adds some wight but the Augusta has some standard things that add about as much weight. I think you would be pushing the pin weight on a srw model although we see people towing them with 3/4 ton trucks. I guess it just matters in how far you want to push things. Personally I would not want to tow my rig with anything less than a 3500 drw because it is so much more stable with more rubber on the road in the rear. No matter what you will like your new Augusta.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Smedley
I have a 3500 dodge SRW and tow a 3400rl. The rear axles in the dodges 3500 are the same between the DRW and SRW in load handling capacity. The limiting factor in the SRW model is the tires. I have the rickson 19.5 with G rated tires. Now the wheels and tires have at least the same capacity as the rear axle (10,000+ lbs). About the same as the capacity of the stock DRW. Also the added plus is the front wheels / tires are also rated at (5,000 lbs) each. With weight transfer during braking (weight shift to the front) the stock dullies tires and wheels in the front are at their limit.

davebennington

We have a landmark that we pull with a 06 dodge 3500 dual wheels, the last time we crossed the CAT scales we are overweight by about 800 lbs. The Dodge pulls the trailer just fine I would not want to try with single rear wheels. It's not the pulling it is the stopping and the additional stability of a unit that matters to me. IMHO.

Dave