Getting our Sundance in a week - Can't wait!

D2Wilsn

We signed the loan papers today, and Lakeshore RV will be shipping our new Sundance 3200RE within a few days. It is traveling nearly 2100 miles to get to us in Washington State. We have our insurance in place, have the new 5th wheel Draw-Tite 20K hitch (overkill, I know), had the Banks Power Pack installed on our 05' GMC 2500 HD Duramax diesel, and can't wait for our new trailer to arrive. My DH is pretty nervous, as we have never used a 5th wheel hitch before. In fact, he had to read the manual just to be able to learn how to open and close the jaws. :cool: We will have our trailer delivered to the place that installed our fifth wheel hitch, and hopefully they will be able to adjust the hitch and teach us how to hitch and unhitch. Any tips would be much appreciated. Also, if you own a Sundance, how do you like it? We were originally looking at the Big Horn 3670, but decided that until we get closer to retirement (18 years), we really didn't need a trailer quite that big, as we only do weekend trips, plus an occasional summer week long vacation, plus we didn't know if our current truck could handle the extra weight, even with the Banks Power Pack added.

davebennington

Welcome to the Heartland family I am sure you will enjoy your new Sundance. Just take it slow and practice and you will be fine alot of others have been where you are now and they are now experts.

Daved

Jim & Harriet

welcome

welcome new sundance owner. we have a 2009 3300sk and have really enjoyed it.

when you go to the dealer be sure to spend as much time as you need to check out EVERYTHING. it took us several hours but we found a few things that needed to be fixed (these were electrical connections.) the service folks were great and spent the time we needed to make sure all was well before we left.

good luck and have fun! :)

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
You're gonna love your Sundance, we do!!!

I towed Boats all over the country, but the 5th wheel was all foreign to me. Just take it slow, go someplace wide open and practice.

Make a checklist for the first few times.... piece of mind.

Have fun!